• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Getting to Powder Mountain March 5

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I will be going to Powder Mountain March 5 for a special event. I will have a rental car, so not sure about snow tires and definitely no chains or 4wD. Would I be better off catching the UTA bus up to the Mountain that morning or just drive up? I am pretty experienced in driving in snow in my Subaru, and in front wheel drive 2wd. Advice local Divas?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I will be going to Powder Mountain March 5 for a special event. I will have a rental car, so not sure about snow tires and definitely no chains or 4wD. Would I be better off catching the UTA bus up to the Mountain that morning or just drive up? I am pretty experienced in driving in snow in my Subaru, and in front wheel drive 2wd. Advice local Divas?
If it's super snowy, catch the shuttle if only to keep you safe from the OTHER drivers going off the road. And without 4WD/AWD AND snows? No way, absolutely no way.

On that note, I hope it's super snowy :becky:

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks @contesstant . What is considered "super snowy"? In central PA everyone goes into a tizzy at three inches. In the Midwest it took a foot.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Thanks @contesstant . What is considered "super snowy"? In central PA everyone goes into a tizzy at three inches. In the Midwest it took a foot.
This made me laugh. Because you're right. I don't even think twice at three inches, or even six, but probably a foot would make me question my choices . . .

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ANY snow on that road is super snowy for anything but AWD with snows. So, unless the road is totally clear, I'd take the bus. Unless you have AWD with snows, then you could probably drive it since you have some winter driving skills.
You'll see what I mean when you drive up there. It's STEEP and windy. Heading up there today!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I drove the PowMow road for the first time last year. Had AWD and the road was dry. There are places that are well over 10% grade, with no guard rail so that snow doesn't build up on the edge of the relatively narrow 2-lane road. If there was any snow on the road, I would take the bus from Eden. Far more of a white-knuckle drive than going up to Alta/Snowbird during a snowstorm.

Where are you going to stay?

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The bus is easy.. Amy will know the Rte's but it's at the only busy intersection on way to Powder.. (nice grocery store) the Bus Stop is to the left of the store separate parking lot. you can get the schedule on line.. was 3$ and leaves the Mt every 45 min.. Enjoy Powder.. it is an incredible Mt. nothing fancy, just skiing.. (Next year for sure Amy)

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The bus is easy.. Amy will know the Rte's but it's at the only busy intersection on way to Powder.. (nice grocery store) the Bus Stop is to the left of the store separate parking lot. you can get the schedule on line.. was 3$ and leaves the Mt every 45 min.. Enjoy Powder.. it is an incredible Mt. nothing fancy, just skiing.. (Next year for sure Amy)

:thumbsup: I can't wait to get out there when there is some powder! I'm ready for it now!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I live in bad snow country, love my Subaru and not afraid to drive in snow and I would not drive up there if it's snowy or chance of snow. it also Fogs in up there and you can not see where you are going...
10374858_10204604427302075_3850279335896801322_n.jpg

This photo is last year, it's blowing Fog.. didn't get a ticket.. took the bus back down and off to Slackwater grill, 2nd Tracks in Ogden..

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think the bus would be the better choice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna