• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Getting ready for the season - 2018/2019

What is your autumn prep for ski season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I looked in my area (Boston). I have to make an apt and take the clothing to them on hangers. They do not give their address. I have no idea how far a drive that would be. Might as well give these clothes to my local thrift shop. There are so many around here.

Jilly

Staff member
You know a white blouse is a white blouse! Really??? But I get it. As a business owner, if I were interviewing someone in really out dated attire, I might wonder. But 5 yrs...really. Classics are just that CLASSIC! The resume has to say it to!

So did I do anything physical today towards any of my fitness goals...NO! But I did have a good day!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Turned on the boot heaters to make sure they work. They do. Took my boots to the boot guy today to make sure they're ok (they're old so I was wondering about the sole); boot guy says they're perfect. So, with the money I saved by not having to buy new boots this year, I came out of the store with a pair of Super Joys (last year's demo at a very good price). Add these to my new Yumis and I think I'm set!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Turned on the boot heaters to make sure they work. They do. Took my boots to the boot guy today to make sure they're ok (they're old so I was wondering about the sole); boot guy says they're perfect. So, with the money I saved by not having to buy new boots this year, I came out of the store with a pair of Super Joys (last year's demo at a very good price). Add these to my new Yumis and I think I'm set!

I bought used Super Joys late last season. Let's hope we both like them!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I bought used Super Joys late last season. Let's hope we both like them!

I've demoed them twice and loved them both times. I've been on the lookout for my size (143 - hardish to come by) and finally found them. Let's hope we both like them!

kiki

Angel Diva
Good thinking to check the heaters @SkiBam and congrats on new skis!!

I got some pocket sized sunscreen on amazon, lipgloss, and powder energy drink packs for my pockets too. have dug out all my gear from last year and organized a couple cubbyholes in my shelf for it all. Waiting to pick up my new boots hopefully next weekend!!!

Have to spend a lot more time on getting in shape though!! Yikes, somehow finding it harder than normal to get push forward with my exercise regiment.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
One of my funny pre-season rituals is re-arranging all the apps on my phone so my snow and mountain ones are easier to find. Currently have:
--On The Snow
--Tahoe Snow Map
--Fat Map (new, 3D maps of ski resorts--we'll see!)
--Powder Project (new REI backcountry thing, haven't used it yet)
--Peak Finder (haven't used this yet either, but it's an augmented reality app where you supposedly can point your phone camera out your car window and it will tell you which peaks you are looking at using an overlaid graphic)

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
what @DeweySki
No Epic Mix app?
Honestly, I have never thought about this one! I don't even know what it does haha. Track vertical? I've never tracked my vert so maybe that's why? I do get emails from Epic after every ski day telling me how many lift rides, vertical feet, etc. I had for the day and tell me what badges I earned.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Honestly, I have never thought about this one! I don't even know what it does haha. Track vertical? I've never tracked my vert so maybe that's why? I do get emails from Epic after every ski day telling me how many lift rides, vertical feet, etc. I had for the day and tell me what badges I earned.
Yeah all that and history, graphs, photos, all time vertical etc...
Free download... it's fun

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
My friend does the challenges. Instead of skiing a-la-carte, so to speak, she picks a challenge and makes the day a little more interesting.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@DeweySki I have PeakFinder and it's great, except that most of the time I want to use it, I'm in an area where I don't have cell service.

I now wear jeans or Carharts to work, and I just had to supplement my line-up of fleece pullovers because I didn't have enough to get through the week! And some days we guide corporate hikes or mountain bike rides, so I get to show up to work in that gear. Finally work is a perfect match for my fashion preferences!

I have a suitcase full of my old work clothes: sheath dresses, cardigans, dress pants, nice shirts and some bitchin' high heels. I'm holding onto them because you never know, and also because I loathe clothes shopping and would hate to have to replace things I gave away.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did buy quite a few things since the last season. So a lot of my prep this year is to review the old stuff and decide whether to keep it or sell it.

I had to interrupt my regular workouts for August-October but I'm back at it now. Made a few changes in the routine to add mobility exercises.

I'm excited about the ski club to Snowmass in February, so I'm already thinking about what to pack.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna