• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Gap under binding …normal?

slow_biscuits

Certified Ski Diva
IMG_1097.jpeg
sorry if this is a dumb question. These demo bindings were just installed on a new set of skis. Is there supposed to be a gap between ski and binding?

Jilly

Staff member
You say they are demo bindings, so they slide along a track. The track is attached to the ski. I think you're seeing the space between the binding and the track.

slow_biscuits

Certified Ski Diva
You say they are demo bindings, so they slide along a track. The track is attached to the ski. I think you're seeing the space between the binding and the track.
It doesn’t look like that. The Marker demos I have fit flush to the ski. I can’t see anything between the ski and the binding to where the screws are. But with this Tyrolia I can see underneath the whole thing. I can see the screws. I think the track is above the crack? idk it’s hard to tell in the picture but I can see clearly underneath, including the the screws.

Last edited:

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My entire family has used demo skis with demo bindings - none of them have gaps. We all have different demo bindings too - Squire, Strive and Griffon. I'd take them back.

slow_biscuits

Certified Ski Diva
My entire family has used demo skis with demo bindings - none of them have gaps. We all have different demo bindings too - Squire, Strive and Griffon. I'd take them back.
Yes I prefer demo bindings, whole family always uses them, and I’ve never seen this either. But we always had marker bindings before and these are Tyrolia. I want sure if it was normal but it sure doesn’t look like it. I’ll take them back tomorrow. I’m annoyed.

slow_biscuits

Certified Ski Diva
I called the shop this morning and the guy says “we’ve mounted thousands of those Tyrolia SP bindings and they just don’t sit flush.” He was pretty insistent that this is normal. I don’t like it. Anyone know a contact at Tyrolia I can ask? Their website just refers me to a “authorized dealer,” which this shop is.

Nevermind. I just talked to Head/Tyrolia. They won’t tell me anything other than “go talk to an authorized dealer.” And they won’t give me the tech specs.

Last edited:

slow_biscuits

Certified Ski Diva
For anyone following this saga-
I talked to a different dealer and they also said the toe and the rail on Tyrolia SP binding floats a few mm above the ski. I didn’t get to look at the tech manual but he was convincing ‍

elemmac

Angel Diva
For anyone following this saga-
I talked to a different dealer and they also said the toe and the rail on Tyrolia SP binding floats a few mm above the ski. I didn’t get to look at the tech manual but he was convincing ‍
I was just about to reply…”can you get a second opinion from another shop?”. Haha.

If there are two shops that are saying it’s normal…I’d run with it.

mustski

Angel Diva
Join skitalk.com and post your question in this thread:
Philpug is @SnowHot ’s husband and he is an expert on bindings … all bindings.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna