• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Christy

Angel Diva
Is it Snoqualmie?

Almost there! Which of the 4 ski areas at Snoqualmie Pass is it?

Since they were historically separate areas with separate owners and identities before one corporation bought all 4 in 1997, I'm looking for the name of this ski area.

(Am I being mean?)

tjm235

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Summit at Snoqualmie is what I was referring to... aside from Alpental and Summit at Snoqualmie, I didn't actually realize there were 2 other ski areas up there... so if it's not one of those, then I have no idea.

Christy

Angel Diva
Summit at Snoqualmie is 4 different areas under one ownership now. Alpental is one of the 4, but it's not that. All 4 are described on the Summit website. It's the one that has this water town in the style of an Olympia beer can that makes drivers on I-90 do a double take:

1602640515634.png

Christy

Angel Diva
Do I just need to spill it to move the game along? I thought the Olympia beer can would be a good hint.

Christy

Angel Diva
YES. The little old school ski area is now called Summit East by Boyne, but is known to most of us as Hyak (it was Hyak for a long time; it's on Mt. Hyak; the freeway exit is Hyak; the nearby sno-park is Hyak; the adjacent cabin development is Hyak. Someday it will be Hyak again). It started as Milwaukee Ski Bowl in 1937 when the Chicago, Milwaukee, St Paul and Pacific RR built is along the "Milwaukee Road." It's funky with rollers and narrow trails and only 1000+ vertical, but it's also close to Seattle and nice for a half day of skiing when I don't want to drive.

It's 1.7 miles east of the parking area for the next closest Summit at Snoqualmie area--Summit Central--which is another reason I count it as a separate area.

You might need to split the point with tjm235. :smile:

Jenny

Angel Diva
No worries on points from me - it’s the first guess I’ve taken anyway.

I’ll post, though, since I'm here.

Another small place:

6BE4EF0C-7251-4F8E-B6A3-D44A5E1B0CEF.jpeg

Après Skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Christy, That was a really beautiful photo of Summit East and I enjoyed your clues alluding to the resort’s colorful past. The Milwaukee party train with live music looks like it would have been a hoot!

Jenny

Angel Diva
My supply of hills that other people haven’t already posted is also slim . . .

Here's another picture of Searchmont that I had picked out. Figured someone could match up the runs to the trail map, if necessary.

B87D4E48-3D4F-4ED1-A12B-B635804BBD6E.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga