• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Former Canadian Women's Ski Coach Arrested on Sexual Assault Charges

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So much awful in this article.

Which is worse?

1) "The girls were between 12 and 19 years old at the time."

2) "Radio-Canada has reported the mother of one teen tried to report Charest to police in 1998, but she said she was counseled by Alpine Canada not to do anything.

"The woman, whose daughter is not one of the complainants in the current criminal case, said the organization told her it would deal with the matter and advised her to not jeopardize the girl’s skiing career."

mustski

Angel Diva
Seriously -this is going to sound judgmental and it kind of is - what sort of mother chooses a " ski career" over her own daughter's well being?!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Seriously -this is going to sound judgmental and it kind of is - what sort of mother chooses a " ski career" over her own daughter's well being?!

I know exactly what you are saying, so don't take this the wrong way, but we don't know exactly what she was trying to report. It said her daughter wasn't a complainant, and it's possible she was just having suspicions and others persuaded her that "it wasn't what it seemed" and "we'll talk to him" and "it's hearsay" all that. I mean, it could be a million things. Don't judge her too harshly until you know. (Judge the coaches, yeah that's probably ok.)

geargrrl

Angel Diva

There are lots of crappy parents out there who do not put the care of their children as a priority.
As I read it, though, a parent wished to report and was counseled by the organization not to...

Jenny

Angel Diva
Wasn't there a series of stories recently about a US swim coach, too? I'm glad I don't have kids.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna