• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Foot Surgery Recovery

sdskiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had foot surgery on August 28th. It involved quite a lot of work - 6 procedures. My surgeon fixed: short toe, long toe, bunion, tailor's bunion/bunionette, and repaired two toes an earlier surgery messed up by another surgeon. Needless to say, it's been a long road and I am out of the cast and in a walking orthodic boot. In a couple of weeks I'll hopefully be able to wear a sneaker and should be able to ski by January. I specifically asked my surgeon about the timing of the surgery to be able to not miss too much of the season. Has any Diva out there had foot surgery? What's it like to ski again? Any recommendations for getting back on the slopes?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't had foot surgery, but just wanted to say that I hope the remainder of your recovery goes well, and that you're on the slopes soon!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had foot surgery on August 28th. It involved quite a lot of work - 6 procedures. My surgeon fixed: short toe, long toe, bunion, tailor's bunion/bunionette, and repaired two toes an earlier surgery messed up by another surgeon. Needless to say, it's been a long road and I am out of the cast and in a walking orthodic boot. In a couple of weeks I'll hopefully be able to wear a sneaker and should be able to ski by January. I specifically asked my surgeon about the timing of the surgery to be able to not miss too much of the season. Has any Diva out there had foot surgery? What's it like to ski again? Any recommendations for getting back on the slopes?

I had the joint in my right big toe replaced a little over 2 years ago, also an August surgery. I didn't have quite the number of toes affected as you have had, so I'm not sure how relevant my experience is.

Basically, once my foot was in the ski boot, I was completely fine. The boot is stiff, your toes are protected and don't move or get things dropped on them, etc.

Getting my foot into the boot, however, was pretty bad for the first couple of months. I have fairly tight, stiff boots, so it isn't exactly easy anyway. I used a hair dryer to soften up the boot, but it was still very painful. I cleared the condo a few times. Must have said some not-nice things. :redface:

I think tcarey has had big toe surgery too? If my memory isn't completely damaged...

tcarey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yup I too had toe surgery.Once my foot was in the boot it was fine.No problems at all!

T

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna