• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

First day of the season - 18 again!

Wallyski

Certified Ski Diva
First day of the season and my 37 year old body felt like I was 18 again! Love it!
Started off by getting free passes to Northstar (tahoe). Needed new equip so I went to demo boots - Nordica Speedmachine 105, then the guys said they would have to torque test my skis - he didn't want to deal with it so he comp'd me skis too! Nice!
So I took off with some Volkl Tierras. Great control, power and speed - So stable and fun!

The snow was nice and got nicer as it warmed up. Small crowd, good company, great equipment! Skied hard and fast and remembered why I love it so much! Found last years boots on sale, got them....Now I need to get those skis on sale somewhere! Spoiled!
Great first day!!!!

cwmscm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The tierras are great skis. I'm glad you found that out early in the season. have fun.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Sounds like a fabulous first day! That's neat you could demo boots - I don't think I've heard of that before, but I would think it would make the boot-buying process less stressful. Is boot demoing a common practice? One I just don't know about?

Wallyski

Certified Ski Diva
I tried boots on the day before and realized that my old boots were a whole size too big...no wonder I hated them soooo much! So I tried on some Nordicas (they fit best), Technica Dragons, Solomon Divine 9's, but didn't want to make the plunge just yet. I called Northstar to find out if they demo'd boots and what brands. They said Nordica Speedmachines so I was set! I felt very lucky to be able to try them on!
It was a great deal because I found last years boot for under $300 and now I can make the plunge and feel super confident about how they will fit and perform!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna