• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Favorite straight-from-the-mountain après ski clothing?

Cascadia

Certified Ski Diva
I usually throw a Sweet Spot Skirt (https://sweetspotskirts.com/collections/classic-sweet-spot-skirts) over my black long underwear and have super cute knee high Darn Tough socks. I have a turquoise thermal top and usually switch the balaclava for a beanie or baseball cap in a coordinating color. I have a pair of Kirkland Signature fake ugg boots that are actually leather and black for the car ride. I've been wanting an insulated skirt but have struggled to find one that will zip over 47" hips. Sweet Spot says they're trying to prototype an insulated skirt but still haven't settled on a design, if they nail it I'll probably buy like 5 of them!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The only time I've had somewhere to go other than home after skiing, I wore smartwool tights as a baselayer/ sock combo, and after skiing swapped out my ski pants for a wrap skirt in a softshell fabric from Stonewear Designs. I had been eyeing insulated skirts for a while, but don't want the extra puff around my hips, so was happy to find a softshell one.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
So I wear only boot cut base layer bottoms.... That doesn't work when I swap out for a skirt..... It would mean bringing full length tights or something...
Hmm. Guess I could put some leggings or wool tights in my bag...

Jilly

Staff member
So I wear only boot cut base layer bottoms.... That doesn't work when I swap out for a skirt..... It would mean bringing full length tights or something...
Hmm. Guess I could put some leggings or wool tights in my bag...

Yes, capri length doesn't really work. But I usually go home, shower and change before I go out.....advantages living on the mountain.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yes, capri length doesn't really work. But I usually go home, shower and change before I go out.....advantages living on the mountain.
Right. That's what I prefer to do... But after spending week in Taos with divas and going to dinner early, they had it figured out. I was like, "wait I need to shower." No you don't I was informed!!!!!! Had a blast BTW and the first time ever meeting divas.... They were great and had a wonderful time !!!

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This thread is so enabling :bolt:

I've wanted a puffy shrt for a while but spending over $40 on one seems a lot to me if I wear it a few times a year. I usually just leave on my ski pants at the on the hill apres and if I need something different I go back to the condo and change. I do prefer showering before dinner though.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Change into jeans. Maybe a toque or baseball cap. It's usually too cold here to wear a puffy skirt, but I do own one.

I guess everyone is different, but I don't personally find jeans very warm, and am much cozier in leggings and a puffy skirt! My newest ski leggings are Columbia and have the omni-therm on the inside, but I also have flocked ones.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
This thread is so enabling :bolt:

I've wanted a puffy shrt for a while but spending over $40 on one seems a lot to me if I wear it a few times a year. I usually just leave on my ski pants at the on the hill apres and if I need something different I go back to the condo and change. I do prefer showering before dinner though.

I wear mine every time I ski - I cannot stand being in the car in ski pants either, so I wear to/fro the mountain even if I am not going into the bar. I have also worn it walking the dogs too. Wear for wear, I feel like I get quite a bit of bang for my investment, but I guess it all depends on how often you will use it.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I usually throw a Sweet Spot Skirt (https://sweetspotskirts.com/collections/classic-sweet-spot-skirts) over my black long underwear and have super cute knee high Darn Tough socks. I have a turquoise thermal top and usually switch the balaclava for a beanie or baseball cap in a coordinating color. I have a pair of Kirkland Signature fake ugg boots that are actually leather and black for the car ride. I've been wanting an insulated skirt but have struggled to find one that will zip over 47" hips. Sweet Spot says they're trying to prototype an insulated skirt but still haven't settled on a design, if they nail it I'll probably buy like 5 of them!

Oh, my goodness - those Sweet Spot Skirts are like a Skida hat in a skirt!!!! I don't think I needed that information :eek:

I guess I am safe since I would be a SERIOUS color riot if I had both a printed hat and skirt on, lol. Plus, I am tall, and those skirts would seriously short on me. Perhaps I am safe after-all!

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I party Brit style when skiing. Stay in ski gear partying, dancing on tables and singing to whatever live band is on followed by the DJ until 7pm - then race back for shower. Shove jeans and t-shirt/top on, dry hair and put make-up on as best as I can - then dinner at 8 and back into the bar for an evening of live music. Well that's Val d'Isere anyway. I suppose the answer is, whatever is clean.

Jilly

Staff member
Someone else mentioned about capri length base layers. I would have to change to a tight to wear the skirt and find boots to go with it. My hiking shoes, jeans and t-shirt are still for me, probably the best.

Tvan

Angel Diva
I have capri length base layers which I wear with black socks and boots, with either my quilted skirt, or one of my tunics. Also, someone mentioned that they were concerned about bulk with quilted skirts...Maybe its just mine, but my quilted skirt is no heavier than some of my wool work skirts.

Cascadia

Certified Ski Diva
Oh, my goodness - those Sweet Spot Skirts are like a Skida hat in a skirt!!!! I don't think I needed that information :eek:

I guess I am safe since I would be a SERIOUS color riot if I had both a printed hat and skirt on, lol. Plus, I am tall, and those skirts would seriously short on me. Perhaps I am safe after-all!

Probably don’t want to hear it but SSS have longer lengths in the “bigger” sizes. I sized up for some extra inches since I’ve got some booty to cover! Prefer the shorter ones for cycling though so they don’t catch on the seat. Nice to not worry if my leggings or long underwear are shearing out showing my often neon colored undies! :laughter:

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My go to this year was this long down vest (which I've been looking for forever). I was lucky and got it in a slight sheen black. I did alter it by pinching in an inch on both sides to make it more straight down. LOVE IT. I take off my outer ski coat/pants and slip this over. I also love tunic type dresses. 475008_A516_LF_SIL (1).jpg PS... made by Landsend. I wanted it without a hood bc I always wear a purse crossbody and hoods annoy me. Right now on clearance for $60 in a light blue. This year was their first year offering a long down vest so perhaps they'll bring the black again next year. I think an ideal long vest would have a stretch panel on the sides.

Last edited:

lisamamot

Angel Diva
My go to this year was this long down vest (which I've been looking for forever). I was lucky and got it in a slight sheen black. I did alter it by pinching in an inch on both sides to make it more straight down. LOVE IT. I take off my outer ski coat/pants and slip this over. I also love tunic type dresses. View attachment 8349

Super cute - who makes that?

Christy

Angel Diva
@Cascadia thanks again for the Sweet Spot Skirt recommendation! I just got mine. I don't think this will work for me in any skiing scenario (no need when just going for the day as we usually do, and I'd freeze my butt off waiting for the bus at Sun Valley where it's usually so cold in the am--gotta wear ski pants). BUT this is just the thing for going over my workout leggings when walking to and from Pilates. The studio is in my neighborhood "downtown" and I often go in to our little neighborhood grocery, or for coffee or some other errand before or after and the older I've gotten the more self conscious I've gotten about having my butt on display.

1547151478936.png

lisamamot

Angel Diva

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga