• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Effect of mounting forward from recommended point?

leia1979

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The used Black Pearl 88s I found turned out to be a little too good to be true as far as deals go. While it seems the Look Pivot Dual 12s should work with Grip Walk, the shop said they don't work with the ISO 9523 touring grip walk on my boots. No big deal, lets throw the purple Marker Squires on instead. Well, it turned out the skis had already been mounted twice, and they'd have to shift a little. Given that the BP88 is around -10cm (I couldn't find exact info for the 2019 model), I said lets move it forward.

The result is they're now about -8cm. Side by side with my Elan Wildcats, they look fine (the Wildcats are -8.6cm, according to SoothSki). Does it seem like these should be okay? I haven't skied them yet, and I definitely wouldn't describe myself as a hard charger.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 7.26.03 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 7.26.03 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 11

Analisa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We steer skis by leaning forward and flexing the front half (usually the softer half, but sometimes they're equal) part of the ski. Scooching the mount point forward automatically shifts some of your weight forward. The ski becomes a little easier. Your stance can be a little more upright. If these were demos and you skied some laps at rec and some laps at +2, you'd probably perceive a bit of a difference, but I don't think it'll dramatically change your enjoyment of the ski.

Each ski's recommended line is unique to the ski, based on the shape and flex pattern. Some have a huge sweet spot and some feel a little funny if make extreme changes to the mount (like some ex-park skiers will go +4, +5 on a ski to accommodate an upright stance. Sometimes it's a winner and sometimes it's not quite the perfect match for the shape and weight distribution on the ski.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna