• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

E-readers?

justsomefun

Diva in Training
kindle

i have had an ipad 2 since it came out and when it comes to a tablet its the best way to go, but reading is not preferred. I recently purchased the new kindle without the keyboard for $79 and it was the best investment for reading. it's small and light and easy on the eyes. At night I use a small book light and it works like a charm

Jilly

Staff member
Well after much research and gg's link (its great resource!) I purchased a Sony with the Wi-Fi, on sale (my other favourite 4 letter word after snow!). With the advice about a light, they also had the cover with light on sale.

I'll be setting it up tonight, so we'll see how I do. And I can download books from the local library. Except I haven't had a library card since high school. Somehow I don't think that that one will be any good! But at $50/yr that could be the price of 3 books bought, lending/renting will be a good option.

Rosie Facer

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I became something of a convert to (my OH's!) e-gizmos after spending so much time waiting for ferries on my commute. We (!) found that Angry Birds was not doing my serenity much good, especially when the machine died and I lost all my billions of levels, (admittedly some achieved by pure luck). The e-book reader seemed like a safer option for maintaining a more healthy blood pressure apparently.

Santa brought me a Sony PRS-300 Pocket edition. It weighs the same (220g) as my OH's kobo but has a 5" screen instead of the 6" screen, albeit with the same number of dots (resolution = 800x600 on both I understand).

I'm a big fan of Calibre (didn't even try the Sony software) and Project Guttenberg (been meaning to get through the whole of Austen's works for ages).

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I'm a big fan of Calibre (didn't even try the Sony software) and Project Guttenberg (been meaning to get through the whole of Austen's works for ages).

Calibre is pretty nifty. I really like how you can convert formats, from PDF to Epub for example, and then send right to the device. It's free, too.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I got a Kindle Touch! :yahoo:
An amazing friend sent me an amazing post-holiday surprise, knowing how down and out I'd been.

Thank you, Amazing Friend!
Can't wait to ski w/you!
:grouphug:

Jilly

Staff member
Nice surprise MSL!!

I was down to the local library last night to get a library card so that I can get books. It's free - I thought I had to pay $50. As a taxpayer its free!!

So, I hooked up the Sony to the computer as there is some download required and all the rest of the info is in the reader. Now to figure out how to link it to the household WiFi. Need some info that is long gone from my brain. I'll find it somewhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna