• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Drones - the future of Ski Vid?

ling

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Someone in our neighborhood has one and flies it over the open space where there are hiking trails.

I cannot even tell you how creepy it is to be followed by a drone on a hike. They are noisy. It sounds like you're being chased by a swarm of bees. And realizing is not bees, it's someone you can't see remotely piloting this thing that is videotapeing you on your hike, and actively following you? I wanted to call the police, but realized it's probably not actually illegal. Just enormously creepy.

All I can say is that they get a lot of video of my middle finger.
A bit late for my suggestion. But if I suspect someone is flying a drone that specifically following me, I would simple sit down on a rock and pull out a trail map to "study" it. I bet the operator got bore really quick.

Failing that, a shot gun would make short work out of that drone. (though realistically, a RF jammer would be far more effective)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga