• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Dog drops into Corbetts

Sarah_82

Certified Ski Diva
I like how the dog paces from side to side, like she's debating whether to do it, and then just goes for it.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
One word...awesome! :hail:

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yay! Go doggie.

Much braver than me.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Too cute. :smile:

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe I am odd man out here, but I only saw a guy trying to be rad with his poor dog suddenly noting his owner's disappearance down the rabbit hole. The dog may be quite used to enjoying ski adventures with this man, but i sort of feel that it was irresponsible in this case. That couloir is steep; it could potentially cause sprains and cruciate ligament tears ( or much worse ) as the dog is sliding down that pitch without traction. Gravity is easier to control if you're a good skier...but for the dog? Not so sure about that.

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ya know, this shot at Corbett's didn't look remotely as bad as when I was there. The guy skied it, didn't have to drop 40 feet into it, so the snow conditions were ideal. If I could hit it on a day like this, I might be an idiot, but I'd probably give it a try.

Skisailor

Angel Diva
Hi Quiver Queen!! <waves>

Yeah . . . I noticed that too. Unlike you, I have absolutely NO desire to drop into Corbetts. But I agree that this particular video made it look more do-able than any other that I've seen.

mustski

Angel Diva
I assumed they were training the dog for snow rescues. I had a shepherd that would have totally loved that and ... she would have made that exact same noise before going for it. Anytime we went sledding she made that noise all the way up the hill until she could chase a sled down and she chased all sleds down ... even the ones with kids we didn't know. It freaked parents out at first, but they got over it once they realized she was gentle and having the time of her life.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, I don't know - that dog seemed upset, but I assumed it was for training, not just for fun. Working dogs have to expand their comfort zone. As for risk of injury, I can't speak to that ...

vetski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The day I find my ski tips hovering over an edge the likes of this, I will also need my head examined.

vetski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
From what I can see, he does have traction and is running. You can especially see it when he hits the corner. If that's the hairiest part of the couloir, he's golden.

Christy

Angel Diva
That's reassuring that Vetski noticed that he had traction because I too was not crazy about this for the reasons Badger stated. I thought about that thread we had over the winter where everyone shared their horror stories about sledding, and talked about how dangerous it was because you have no steering and control. And it looked to me like the dog was basically sledding. But hopefully Vetski is right.

I didn't listen to the audio because I'm at work, and maybe there is something in that that indicates these guys are training the dog. But I'm pretty suspect when in comes to You Tube videos...I can easily imagine these guys just thinking it would be a cool video.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga