• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Does the iPhone Max fit into your ski jackets?

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have been on the smaller iPhone forever, and thinking about upgrading my ancient iPhone 7 to the new iPhone 11 Max. The 11 does come in the normal, smaller size too, so that's always an option.

I am really concerned that the iPhone max will not fit in a lot of my ski jackets where I generally keep my phone (front left breast pocket) and that I will have to come up with some workaround like a belted case. My most-used jackets are Patagonia from around 2012-2015, i.e., before phones became giant.

Does anyone have any experience with an iPhone Max in their ski jacket? Would love to hear your thoughts on the bigger vs smaller in general too!

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Clarification iPhone Max = iPhone Plus

mustski

Angel Diva
My 6S plus fits fine and I think it’s bigger than the max by just the tiniest of smidges. It fits in all my jacket pockets.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I have the XS Max and it fits in all of my ski jackets in one pocket or another. I also had the 6 Plus before this and that was a little bigger overall. I love love love the big screens, I can’t imagine going back to a smaller version. I vote for you to upgrade in size! :banana:

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks! A straw pole with my friends revealed the same thing -- everyone is like, "I can't imagine going back to the smaller one!"

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Mine are Patagonia as well and my iPhone 6 barely fits in the interior pocket of my shell which is maybe one season old.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
While I am worrying about what I will do when my little Apple SE dies. I do not want a bigger phone.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I would definitely check first. When I was looking for a new ski jacket two years ago, many of the jackets could not fit the 6s Plus in the front left breast pocket where I usually want to store my phone. The size of the jacket matters too. A Large might accommodate the phone but a Small might not.

I am also debating between the iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max. Interestingly, the iphone 11 has a bigger screen size than my 6s Plus but in a smaller form factor due to the much thinner bezel. So I can actually get a smaller phone but for the same big display.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My iPhone 8+ barely fit in my ski jacket pockets. I have the X now and am sure it'll be fine in any jacket.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna