• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Does anyone make long/tall ski pants?

Evergreen

Certified Ski Diva
I'm 5'9" and I'm sick of my ski pants being a little too short on me. Does anyone make a tall/long size?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Marker makes pants in short, average, and tall.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I'm 5'9" too and have Obermeyer. The Helly Hansen ones I bought from MSL also are long enough, and I think they were the regular length.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You rang??

I have Arc'teryx in tall, but they are hard to find (ie, $$$). I also have a pair of Mammut softshell pants that are long enough. I tried on a pair of Patagonia last season, in regular, that were long enough, too.

I found some Rossignol regulars last season that fit me very well, and were quite inexpensive. Google "rossignol triba" and see if you can find them still. I think Sierra Trading Post has some. They run fairly small, too -- I am normally between a small and a medium, and the medium in Rossi fits me very well, with no room to gain a pound.

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9077&highlight=omg+omg+omg

Snowboard pants seem to run longer than ski pants, but it depends on whether you want the baggier legs or not. And sometimes the waist is too low for comfort. But they are worth a shot.

It's just really tough to find them in a decent style, decent price, AND decent length. I searched for years, and have a pair of long Arc'teryx and those Rossis. But oh, the aggravation... (I didn't want black, so if you are less picky than I, you'll fare better.)

Bing

Angel Diva
Wow - you're short compared to me at 5'11" and I have never encountered a problem. Descente, Bonfire, Burton all fit me with length to spare. In fact, I often wonder how vertically challenged people handle it.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, the snowboard brands are definitely longer. The nice thing is that they seem to be more useful now-- I was in a shop last night, and they weren't so baggy as they were in past seasons. I haven't tried on Descente, so I don't know.

Also, individual build is always different. My legs are longer than those of my 6-ft-tall sister-in-law.

Speaking of styles changing (eg, pants getting less baggy), I wonder if the skinny-jean look will hit snowsports: back to tuck-in-boot stretch pants???

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Yeah, the snowboard brands are definitely longer. The nice thing is that they seem to be more useful now-- I was in a shop last night, and they weren't so baggy as they were in past seasons. I haven't tried on Descente, so I don't know.

Also, individual build is always different. My legs are longer than those of my 6-ft-tall sister-in-law.

Speaking of styles changing (eg, pants getting less baggy), I wonder if the skinny-jean look will hit snowsports: back to tuck-in-boot stretch pants???

I was looking at an Athelta catalog last night.. very nice and they do appear to have some skinny jean-ish styles.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I was looking at an Athelta catalog last night.. very nice and they do appear to have some skinny jean-ish styles.

I have those ski pants. They are VERY nice. A trimmer fit, but still enough room for 2 base layers. Not the skinny tuck-in-boot type, though, just a trim fit boot-cut jean. I have the longs, and they are long. I would have been fine with the regular length (I'm 5'10").

AlliOops

Certified Ski Diva
My Noronna Lofoten pants are definitely long. Amazing pants too.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
North Face Freedom pants. 3 lengths. Lots here have had luck with this fit.
ETA: one of the best fits for me ever, super quality too. Worth the retail price.

North Face Freedom pants. 3 lengths. Lots here have had luck with this fit.
ETA: one of the best fits for me ever, super quality too. Worth the retail price.

They are my snow pants of choice for the 7 years running! I just switched to low rise boot cut and they seem to run a little longer in the regular size.

p-bunny

Certified Ski Diva
long pants

I am 5'8" and I bought the Patagonia powder pants in a size S.
They hang over my boots and with regular shoes, they are down to the ground. I think they will fit you. It is a great cut.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga