• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Do Ski Divas only ski?

kentish

Certified Ski Diva
My main love is alpine skiing but I also xc-ski after heavy snowfalls in NYC. I found a used xc-set (skis, boots and poles) for relatively cheap on craigslist 2 years ago and have used them about 6 times since.

The last time I used the xc-gear, the sole came loose from the boot. Unless I can have the boot fixed, this may spell the end of my xc career. These skis use dated bindings and boots with that loop buckle aren't readily available anymore. I think I'd have to buy new bindings and new boots.

Jilly

Staff member
Kentish - the 3 pin system is the old system. I'm not sure what you are talking about a "loop". My XC's boots have a "bar" on the front of the boot that attaches to the binding. And just to complicate things there are 2 different systems of those. It would be marked on the binding.

MaryLou

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My main love is alpine skiing but I also xc-ski after heavy snowfalls in NYC. I found a used xc-set (skis, boots and poles) for relatively cheap on craigslist 2 years ago and have used them about 6 times since.

The last time I used the xc-gear, the sole came loose from the boot. Unless I can have the boot fixed, this may spell the end of my xc career. These skis use dated bindings and boots with that loop buckle aren't readily available anymore. I think I'd have to buy new bindings and new boots.

My DH has a pair of XC skis he found curbside, w/o bindings. He bought some army type bindings and attached them - these you can use with regular boots. He only uses them when we snowshoe from our house a few times a year. Rather than giving up, look into this is a cheap alternative, still gets you out in the snow!

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Talk to a shoe repair shop - a real cobbler - they might be able to fix it. I've been amazed at what they can do with regular shoes.

kentish

Certified Ski Diva
These are the type of boots I was trying to describe. I will take them to a cobbler, or look around eBay for a "new" pair.

shoes365.jpg

Jilly

Staff member
You should still be able to buy boots only if they can't fix them. You'll need the info off the binding, or take in the old boots with you.

Not sure I like the colour but.....you'll find your feet anytime! :becky:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have tele'd a few times, and I occasionally snowshoe, but I'm 99% alpine. I have never been on XC skis, believe it or not, or a snowboard. I might try XC, but I doubt I'll ever try a snowboard.

DobeMom

Certified Ski Diva
My passion is alpine skiing. Although I snowboard also (I'm not as good at it as skiing, but I sometimes want the different feel that comes with boarding), I'm getting more and more into winter mountaineering, which will eventually lead to backcountry skiing, :smile:

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used to tele (the Alta lifties called it telemarketing when I was learning with my work buddy) and then took the skinny skis on the lifts, but after I became a lawyer I lost my mojo, and I haven't even skied cross country on them in 10 or 12 years.

I got the tellies (teles? tellys?) out on Sunday so I could see whether I could use the ski bag, and now they're leaning against the bedroom wall and whispering sweet nothings into my ear at night. :eyebrows: They insist they wouldn't even mind if I were to ski on another pair because at 23 years old they feel kind of creaky and tired, but they're sad that I don't get to dance so freely on the mountain anymore. I tried to tell them that I'm not in such good shape myself and that after a few lessons my alpine skiing will be like dancing, but they aren't convinced. I'm not sure I am anymore, either. :decision:

C

CMCM

In the early 90's I did XC because I wasn't at all a good downhill skier. But I was actually bored with it, I wanted the thrill of downhill skiing, so in 2001 or 02 I switched to downhill and then concentrated on developing my skills with that. I always liked XC, but haven't done it in maybe 10 years. We keep saying we'll go, but we never want to give up a downhill day! As for snowboarding...zero interest!

dachlostar

Certified Ski Diva
I tried boarding. I stuck with it long enough to prove to myself that I could do it but I couldn't imagine myself ever enjoying it as much as skiing and I didn't want to waste ski days learning to snowboard so I stopped.
I'd love to do more x-country. The x-country trails in Europe always look so peaceful.

Swissly1

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The x-country trails are great in the Swiss Alps. I did use them all the time and it never was boring because of all the variety.

braveskimom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I xc and tele. Don't do much snowshoeing. It seems slow. But I here it's fun! Thank you for saying that we Coloradans are polite. I think we try to be, because we want you to come back.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna