• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do I need an intervention?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So... my dryer died. I called the appliance store yesterday morning to set up an appointment to get it fixed. They said they could come out next Tuesday. Or Wednesday. I chose Thursday afternoon. Looking at the forecast, next Tuesday and Wednesday look like they might be my last days at Wachusett for the season. Yesterday and today I put the washer on extra spin and hung stuff out on the line to dry :rolleyes:

Do I have a problem?

MissySki

Angel Diva
No one in Europe uses a dryer. Just sayin'. Get yourself a nice folding rack.
While I use a drying rack for bunches of my clothing, especially my wool ski layers.. I cannot imagine using racks for everything. Maybe my laundry loads are too big.

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
I moved to an apartment without laundry so I could be 5 minutes from the mountain… I put off doing laundry for as long as possible during ski season, I wash base layers and underwear in the sink and hang dry over my boot dryer. If you need an intervention I shudder to think what I need.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You do not have a problem. Skiing is the priority so scheduling activities and do what you have to do so you can ski is 100% understandable. Unless it's during the week I pretty much don't see my family who lives an hour away from November until May or so.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Happy to read I am not alone :laughter:
During ski season EVERYTHING is dependant on being able to ski, housework, washing of the hair, laundry , grocery shopping etc etc ... the lot !!
Trouble is its overflowed into Summer as well now that I've become hooked on SUPing :laughter:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Unless it's during the week I pretty much don't see my family who lives an hour away from November until May or so.
I wish more people understood this! I definitely get grief about it in my family. If only ANYONE in my entire family also skied! :rolleyes: I double down for the most part though.. if others can have their kids’ activity schedules dictate plans, why can’t my ski plans do the same? :thumbsup:

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wish more people understood this! I definitely get grief about it in my family. If only ANYONE in my entire family also skied! :rolleyes: I double down for the most part though.. if others can have their kids’ activity schedules dictate plans, why can’t my ski plans do the same? :thumbsup:

Exactly. I get grief too. Noone else in my family skis, they don't understand. Same with me. My sister's have kids that dictate their schedules so skiing is my kid lol.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No one in Europe uses a dryer. Just sayin'. Get yourself a nice folding rack.
I do have a folding rack that I use for my woolies in the winter, and a larger Brabantia umbrella dryer that I use a fair amount in the summer. I like the way my clothes smell after drying outside, and I figure it is gentler on the fabric.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DH was in the kitchen when I was on the phone with the repair people. He had a slightly puzzled look on his face when I chose Thursday as I was standing in front of my wall calendar with absolutely nothing on it until this coming Friday when I head up to Quebec with a few other Divas. When he found out what I was up to he got a good laugh out of it. He doesn't ski, but I'm lucky that he is supportive of my skiing. Also, I'm easier to live with when I get to ski ;)

I've gotta say, you guys are the best enabling snow-dependents a Diva could wish for :beer::ski:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna