• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva West @ Steamboat, Trip Report and Photos

Cpnwgsp

Certified Ski Diva
love all the pics! I’m heading to Steamboat soon. Any favorite or not to miss runs?? Any good terrain to hike to I should look for?

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
love all the pics! I’m heading to Steamboat soon. Any favorite or not to miss runs?? Any good terrain to hike to I should look for?
I was just up this weekend- Skied Xmas Tree and The Gully w my son and it was as filled in as I've seen it in a while, not too many rocks exposed and the snow is holding better than at the lower spots on the mountain where it's getting a bit sun affected and springlike. We didn't hike up Werner this time around but I would say its more of the same and the snow up there will be nice. They should be getting a little snow here and there this week but the temps are still a little high so definitely staying up higher on the mtn is a best bet. In general it seemed the stuff on 4 points side of mountain is staying in better shape w the temps.

Cpnwgsp

Certified Ski Diva
I was just up this weekend- Skied Xmas Tree and The Gully w my son and it was as filled in as I've seen it in a while, not too many rocks exposed and the snow is holding better than at the lower spots on the mountain where it's getting a bit sun affected and springlike. We didn't hike up Werner this time around but I would say its more of the same and the snow up there will be nice. They should be getting a little snow here and there this week but the temps are still a little high so definitely staying up higher on the mtn is a best bet. In general it seemed the stuff on 4 points side of mountain is staying in better shape w the temps.
Yes I’m back home now but these were fun runs and the gully still had lots of snow Saturday 2/24. Preferred the storm side of the mountain as it was generally less crowded, but the trees on Closets and Shadows were great after the snow last week, too!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Now that everyone's made it home (congratulations on escaping the Hayden black hole @MissySki) I just wanted to sincerely thank everyone who made the trip last week. Especially the people who showed up for the first time -- it's definitely a bit of a leap of faith to go ski with a bunch of "strangers" from the internet. It was great to meet everyone I hadn't met before, and to spend more time with the friends I already knew. I think the week went really well overall!

Start thinking about where you're interested in going in 2025 -- it'll be time to pick before we know it. :smile:
I had very recently found out that my Sunday River season pass (New England Pass) goes on sale 3/6 (flash sale with lowest prices for one week).. and then just saw Ikon will go on sale in “early March” as well. And Indy pass announced too. It feels earlier every year I swear! With so many pass sales starting up so soon though.. It would be helpful to know where the Diva events for next year will be.. mostly to know which passes are needed. In my case I’ll have to decide whether I get an Ikon base through my usual New England Pass upgrade, if I need a separate tiered Ikon due to access restrictions at specific mountains, or a different pass altogether like Epic, etc.

Any idea when we will have this info? I know.. it’s way too early. But I assume everyone will want to make their pass purchases at the lowest possible prices as well. Ugh..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna