• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva Week '10: Tahoe!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you may have seen my announcement of the first ever TheSkiDiva clinic during the first week in March at Tahoe.

If you haven't yet, here it is.

Because the clinic is going to take place in Tahoe, it only makes sense to have Diva Week there at the same time, so people can have the opportunity to participate in both.

So there you have it, the official announcement:

Diva Week, Tahoe, first week in March.

For anyone who's come to our two previous Diva Weeks (first in Utah, then in Colorado), you know it's a great way to meet and ski with other Divas on the forum. Spouses/significant others (aka Diva Dudes) are also welcome. It's a pretty informal gathering. You do what you want, when you want. Everyone makes their own travel and lodging arrangements, so you have complete freedom to stay as long as you want in whatever accommodations you want. The main idea is just to have a great time with the women you've gotten to "know" on line. It's really a lot of fun.

As of now, we really have no plans for when we'll ski where or anything else, for that matter. But I thought it'd be a good idea to get this out there, for anyone making plans for next season.

Hey, I'm in!

Consuela

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very exciting! We are usually up at KW for a few weekdays during that week. So, may get a chance to meet up.

drjoyous

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am so there... My diva dude will undoubtedly join us, since he had SUCH a good time skiing with Divas before!
joy
p.s. Julia! Ron! are you in on this?

Nadine_A

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hello Divas,

So, I've been thinking about planning my frist North American ski trip for a while and stumbled across Diva Week. As a single traveller (from Melbourne Australia) on my first US trip, Diva Week is perfect and I get to meet some of the lovely ladies who so inspire me.

The only snag for me it that acommodation is always more expensive. I've attempted to look at accommodation option at the recommended Ceder House Sport Hotel, but they don't have pricing online. Can the divas please help me out with some other accommodation options close the the Diva Week activities?

You're help is greatly appreciated.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Nadine, so great that you're thinking about coming to Diva Week! That's what it's all about! :bounce:

I can imagine how daunting it must be to plan a trip all the way from Australia, but thanks to the internet, it shouldn't be too hard (heck, that's how I'm planning my own trip! :smile:)

Have you tried emailing the Cedar House Sports Hotel? There's a spot on their web site that allows you to contact them. Go here. They have special rates for anyone participating in the clinic, so be sure to let them know if that's what you're going to do.

As for other places at Tahoe, you can find hotels at places like TripAdvisor.com or Hotels.com, or one of the other travel sites. Or you could look into renting a condo or a house with some other Divas (post on the Meet on the Hill section of the forum that you're looking for a roomie, and someone might respond). You can find weekly rentals through local real estate agents that you can find on the web (just google "Truckee, CA rentals", or through places like VRBO.com.

I'm renting a small house with another Diva that I found through Pullen Rental Group, an agency in Tahoe.

Hope you can come!

Bumblebee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
hi Nadine, I travelled on my own this year from Europe to ski with the divas and because I arranged it all late they'd already found all their roomies for the duration so I stayed in a youth hostel/B&B who arranged a cheap lift ticket for me so it worked out quite well.

I won't know until about xmas time whether I am able to make Tahoe or not - but if I am would you fancy sharing a condo with me? I'm guessing as you're travelling a fair distance as I am, you'll be wanting to stay longer than just the "week"? This year I arrived before all the other divas and went home after... ;-)

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wish I could do this but a) it's the wrong week in March (spring break is the following week for me) and b) I just can't afford it this time. Have fun ladies! Can't wait to hear all about it! :D

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
For discussions on travel arrangements and other things relating to Week, go here in the Meet on the Hill area.

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If the planets all align and I can find a grandparent to watch both Marlowe & Storm and I can find a decent flight and I can get reasonable housing....then I can go.

Nadine_A

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Bumblebee,

I would definitely be interested in a roomie. You're right ,I would love to be there for a little longer (maybe 2 weeks). Sharing would make this much more affordable.

How long would you go for?

Nadine_A

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Ski Diva,

Thank you for the advice.

I tried to access the link for Meet on the Hill area. I guess I'll have to keep posting:eyebrows:

Some more research to do. Getting really excited now:yahoo:

C

CMCM

Since you guys are going to be up here on my home turf (Squaw Valley), I hope to get a chance to meet some of you during Diva week! This sounds like fun.

If any of you are still mulling over where to stay, I can also suggest the Best Western in Truckee. It's pretty affordable...something like $130 a night, I think. It has a nice hot tub, also a sauna, and it's maybe a block from the Cedar House (which also looks really nice from the outside, but I've never been inside). The Best Western includes a fairly decent breakfast which is served in the attached, tiny pub/Pizza Hut. And I think they still have a deal where you can get a room/ski ticket at various places including Squaw...a bit of a discount that way. Here's a link: https://www.bestwesterncalifornia.com/hotels/best-western-truckee-tahoe-inn/

If you really want a neat place to stay, which is very close to Squaw and is right at the turn-off to Alpine Meadows, River Ranch is a great place....cozy and quaint, fairly affordable rooms. You couldn't find a neater place to stay with a true mountain atmosphere. Some of the rooms directly overlook the river. They have a really fabulous restaurant. I absolutely love this place! It's the perfect mountain hotel! https://www.riverranchlodge.com/home

If anyone wants more info about anything, let me know. I'm in Truckee a LOT, both summer and winter. If anyone needs something checked out, I can do that too! :smile:

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Who's planning to be around later in the week? I'm going to pass on the clinic, but I'd love to spend a few days in Tahoe. I'm looking at March 2 or 3 through March 6 or 7. Would anyone need/want/tolerate a roommate on those days? I'm clean, quiet and like to ski. :smile:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Who's planning to be around later in the week? I'm going to pass on the clinic, but I'd love to spend a few days in Tahoe. I'm looking at March 2 or 3 through March 6 or 7. Would anyone need/want/tolerate a roommate on those days? I'm clean, quiet and like to ski. :smile:

PM sent.

Beli_Grrl

Certified Ski Diva
Tahoe Diva Week

Hi all,

I haven't been around much this year. My husband was sick with cancer and died from it several weeks ago. He was, among many other things, my best ski buddy. I am going to have to learn to enjoy skiing with others. I promised him when we knew he was dying that I would spend as much of the rest of my life in the mountains as possible. So here I am back trying to get into the diva swing of things.

Is there a page where all the official details of the week and the clinic are? I am definitely interested in meeting up. I live in the Bay Area so Tahoe is my usual ski place and I'm pretty sure I can get there.

It sounds like we're going to be skiing the north shore, right? Squaw, Alpine Meadows, Northstar, etc?

Thanks,

Belinda

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Belinda, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My heart goes out to you. You have my deepest sympathy:hug:

We don't have an official page for Diva Week; it's pretty loose right now. During Diva weeks in the past, we've generally skied in loose groups each day at a pre-determined mountain, then met up for dinner or a party or something in the evening. The clinic will be three mornings: Mon-Wed., with free skiing in the afternoon. For info on the clinic, you can go here.

We'll have a meet and greet, probably Sunday night. Those who are attending the clinic will be at a dinner on Tuesday. And I'll probably have a get together Wednesday evening, and maybe we'll all have dinner together somewhere Monday and Thursday nights. But that's all that's planned right now.

I'm looking for suggestions on just about anything, so anyone who has some, please post in the Diva week thread here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna