• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA DOGS!

mustski

Angel Diva
Pretty well so far. They are both super responsive to their names and think "come" and "sit" are great games. The only leash work has been in the yard so far. She will do anything for food and enjoys the back and forth. He is not quite as thrilled and would rather play tug of war. When we took them to the vet though, they both walked nicely on the leash. They get their final vaccinations next week and then we can start walking them. Yay!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I put the two head shots of Cooper and Loki on the wall, replacing a painting I never cared for (but something had to go on that wall). Looks fantastic. Now I want to paint the wall with an accent color to really make the white canvas pop ....

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love the pics -- especially the one with both of them together! So sorry about Cooper's elevated liver enzymes, @bounceswoosh. Definitely could be a lot of different factors going on, and I'm with you on wanting to know more sooner rather than later. Very good signs that his eating and energy level are normal.

Fingers and paws crossed for positive results for Cooper! When will you hear more?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Man oh man. Got a call from the vet today. We had Cooper's blood work done since we need to have one of his teeth pulled.

His liver enzymes are high. 18-121 is normal. Last year his were 35. Just now, 420. Vet cautioned it could be any number of things and not to panic yet. She asked if I wanted to give Cooper supplements and test again in a month, or if I wanted to do a whole bunch of tests - blood and ultrasound - right away. I chose the "let's know as much as possible right away" option.

Cooper is not allowed to get sick, not right now. Not ever, really. My friend and hiking buddy's dog had results like this that ultimately resulted in her being put to rest a few weeks ago due to liver cancer. So it's too real what could go wrong. But he's only 8, not showing any symptoms, lethargy, or food aversion, and so I hope it's minor or that we've caught it early enough. Watching my friend go through her loss makes it all too real what I will experience when Cooper dies. But I want that to be in 4-6 years at the earliest - not now!!

Good news! We checked his liver enzymes again, and they're right back to completely normal. The middle or even low end of the range. We're going to do another bottle of the liver support supplement, then transition to a multivitamin supplement and just go ahead and give that to both dogs for good measure.

He must have just been clearing some virus, toxin, or something ...

Good news! We checked his liver enzymes again, and they're right back to completely normal. The middle or even low end of the range. We're going to do another bottle of the liver support supplement, then transition to a multivitamin supplement and just go ahead and give that to both dogs for good measure.

He must have just been clearing some virus, toxin, or something ...

Yayay so glad all is well. You must be so happy, what a relief

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
H4hYEFq.jpg

altagirl

Staff member
My little cuties doing a down stay with our dog training group at Thanksgiving Point during their dog days event.

20160929_191545-1600x900.jpg 20160929_191556-1200x2133.jpg
Haha, and Waffles being pinned up in pattern paper so I can sew here a new fake fur coat for the winter. Clearly, she's stoked. (Miraculously, she didn't get stuck with any pins)
20161002_160805-1600x900.jpg

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Haha, and Waffles being pinned up in pattern paper so I can sew here a new fake fur coat for the winter. Clearly, she's stoked. (Miraculously, she didn't get stuck with any pins)
index.php

Can't even imagine either of my dogs standing still for this.

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We were supposed to pick up our new 5mo old puppy (most likely lab/Shepard) from the prison training program next week. I just got the call that she needs a little more work on her heel especially since we have an elementary school aged child at home.

ARGGHH- it's great she's getting more training but I was so excited! I had Tuesday off work to pick her up and agreement to work from home the rest of the week to keep an eye on her.

Hmm- I got her a bed, ID tag and collar (she is joining our awesome 9yo labish dog who we also got from the prison training program). I think I need some shopping therapy to deal with the setback- what should I get her?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We were supposed to pick up our new 5mo old puppy (most likely lab/Shepard) from the prison training program next week. I just got the call that she needs a little more work on her heel especially since we have an elementary school aged child at home.

ARGGHH- it's great she's getting more training but I was so excited! I had Tuesday off work to pick her up and agreement to work from home the rest of the week to keep an eye on her.

Hmm- I got her a bed, ID tag and collar (she is joining our awesome 9yo labish dog who we also got from the prison training program). I think I need some shopping therapy to deal with the setback- what should I get her?

Chew toys - different types to see what she prefers. Or, really, just go to the pet store - I've never walked into one of those without seeing *something* I wanted! I mean, the dogs wanted. Totally the dogs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna