• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Did I tear a ligament?

EAVL

Certified Ski Diva
Update: Dr says no break. I realize there are some that don’t show up on X-ray and I am trying to avoid MRI since we have a $2500 deductible. Based on my symptoms and all the tugging and twisting he did to my legs he says my ACL and MCL are good but is certain I have a low grade tear to my popliteal ligament. He said the severe ones cause the back of the knee to fill with blood and since I have had no swelling and bruising it is mild. So I am still hobbling and it hurts. He says the nerve along my fibula is angry so that’s not helping. I can do anything as far as exercise as long as my knee isn’t moving side to side. So no skiing! I can bike and do yoga. I might just try the yoga and take it easy for another week. Have to go back next TH and re-eval. I didn’t ask how long I would be off the mountain yet. Scared for the answer. Will find out next week. I stayed home this weekend because I think seeing all the fresh snow up there would kill me.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tore my MCL in the middle of a season when I was ski bumming in Breck, and it was 2011 which was an EPIC snow season. It was so hard to stay off of it, but I spent all my time doing my pt and just exploring the area and after about a month I was able to ski again. Good luck with your recovery and hang in there!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Update: Dr says no break. I realize there are some that don’t show up on X-ray and I am trying to avoid MRI since we have a $2500 deductible. Based on my symptoms and all the tugging and twisting he did to my legs he says my ACL and MCL are good but is certain I have a low grade tear to my popliteal ligament. He said the severe ones cause the back of the knee to fill with blood and since I have had no swelling and bruising it is mild. So I am still hobbling and it hurts. He says the nerve along my fibula is angry so that’s not helping. I can do anything as far as exercise as long as my knee isn’t moving side to side. So no skiing! I can bike and do yoga. I might just try the yoga and take it easy for another week. Have to go back next TH and re-eval. I didn’t ask how long I would be off the mountain yet. Scared for the answer. Will find out next week. I stayed home this weekend because I think seeing all the fresh snow up there would kill me.
Will your insurance pay for PT? Even with my MRI diagnosis of avulsion fracture to ACL and flap tear meniscus, I did NOT have surgery but lots of physical therapy and cycling... Sounds like you're feeling better .. Don't get out there too soon .. the season's still young.

EAVL

Certified Ski Diva
Will your insurance pay for PT? Even with my MRI diagnosis of avulsion fracture to ACL and flap tear meniscus, I did NOT have surgery but lots of physical therapy and cycling... Sounds like you're feeling better .. Don't get out there too soon .. the season's still young.
Yes insurance does cover PT. I will ask him about that next week. I also reminded myself I missed almost all of January last season too dealing with elderly parent issues and moving my dad into a memory care facility. I had skied a lot before that though as Dec was much snowier last year and I got a lot of days in afterwards too. I should be ok in that regard. Fingers crossed! Right now I am trying to get motivated to be a “normal” weekend person at home and grocery shop, wash the car, do laundry, etc. Hard to get that done when you work all week and then race up to the mountains on Friday nights and back on Sunday nights.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga