• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Demoing tomorrow-starting with stockli laser mx’s

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Demoing some stockli laser mx’s tomorrow and prob some others over the next 2 days at Heavenly… they don’t have any other stockli’s to test (sc’s, cx’s, etc). I have a feeling I’ll fall in love with and buy the mx’s since I only have faction prodigy’s and mindbender 85’s…. But for those of you who’ve tested the various narrow stockli’s, how would you compare them all?? Don’t want to get them but then have their other versions be even better and miss out.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Demoing some stockli laser mx’s tomorrow and prob some others over the next 2 days at Heavenly… they don’t have any other stockli’s to test (sc’s, cx’s, etc). I have a feeling I’ll fall in love with and buy the mx’s since I only have faction prodigy’s and mindbender 85’s…. But for those of you who’ve tested the various narrow stockli’s, how would you compare them all?? Don’t want to get them but then have their other versions be even better and miss out.
According to the weather, it will be quite stormy on the mountain the next two days. Maybe a different ski for those conditions!

Amie H

Angel Diva
Not sure how the snow is going to be after tonight's storm but, after last night, the snow I was in over at Rose today in some sections was sticky and quite deep and my Stockli Nela 80s were not loving the deep stuff. They have very little rocker and a narrow shovel. They were fine elsewhere where the loose powder was only a few inches deep.
Even with grooming, with the predicted 2"-3" of snow per HOUR tomorrow, plus high volume of visitors bumping everything up, I'd imagine a carver ski not to be the pick of the day.

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeaa
Not sure how the snow is going to be after tonight's storm but, after last night, the snow I was in over at Rose today in some sections was sticky and quite deep and my Stockli Nela 80s were not loving the deep stuff. They have very little rocker and a narrow shovel. They were fine elsewhere where the loose powder was only a few inches deep.
Even with grooming, with the predicted 2"-3" of snow per HOUR tomorrow, plus high volume of visitors bumping everything up, I'd imagine a carver ski not to be the pick of the day.
Yeaa , it said it was supposed to snow yesterday and didn’t at all, so I’d imagine there’d be an hour or so at least of not much snow to test them out, but def planning on trying some wide skis out too

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
According to the weather, it will be quite stormy on the mountain the next two days. Maybe a different ski for those conditions!
It had a winter snow warning yesterday but didn’t snow at all, so I’m sure it will snow but I anticipate some morning period of not much snow to test them prior to the other skis

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
It had a winter snow warning yesterday but didn’t snow at all, so I’m sure it will snow but I anticipate some morning period of not much snow to test them prior to the other skis
Are you staying near the gondola ?

mustski

Angel Diva
It looks like not much will come in until later in the day, and they will groom tonight, so you can test them out on groomers. Are you demoing on mountain? If so, you can switch them out if you don’t like them, so nothing to lose.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I haven’t demoed all of the narrow Stocklis, but loved the Laser MX earlier this season! What did you think?

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Would love to know your thoughts? I demoed the MX a few years ago in the wrong conditions and they were fairly fun. Always wanted to get them on a groomer where'd they'd shine. I have a friends who love the SC. I have a new to me pair of Laser AX's I'm having remounted this week. Moving the bindings a click forward to make them a little more user friendly. I really want to try the Montero AW.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the MX. It is quite narrow for anything with lots of fresh snow.

That's the main reason I haven't bought one. With our wacky weather in recent years conditions in NE have been more and more varied. Given this I like a wider ski that's good for whatever I encounter. Sadly my slalom type skis don't go out much these days. It's a great ski tho. I certainly enjoyed my demo of it years ago.

lemonlime

Diva in Training
If you’re demoing from Powder House and looking at the shorter length skis, I think I’m demoing whatever you don’t end up buying next time I come up. The guy at the store mentioned there was another woman looking at the same skis I was interested in.

I’ve never skied anything as narrow as the Stocklis, so I was looking forward to trying them out. My focus this year is working on technique to hopefully feel more comfortable on steeper stuff in the future, so the Stockli MX’s are probably a way higher end ski than I need, but I figured no harm in trying. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them!

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you’re demoing from Powder House and looking at the shorter length skis, I think I’m demoing whatever you don’t end up buying next time I come up. The guy at the store mentioned there was another woman looking at the same skis I was interested in.

I’ve never skied anything as narrow as the Stocklis, so I was looking forward to trying them out. My focus this year is working on technique to hopefully feel more comfortable on steeper stuff in the future, so the Stockli MX’s are probably a way higher end ski than I need, but I figured no harm in trying. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them!
I ended up demoing for just a couple runs! Was limited on time and snowed too much the first 2 days to test them so waited til last day. I thought they were okay but I feel like conditions would have to be super groomed and icy to enjoy them… I feel like because of how narrow and solid they are they easily catch edges in crud which isn’t something I ever pictured being an issue with narrow skis. And then I thought about having to pay attention to not go towards the powdery edges of runs or having the option to go between trees occasionally and realized they’re too specialized for me… definently not a relax and have fun type of ski, more of a see how focused and fast I can go without hurting myself ski lol. Def let me know what you think about them!!! Hate spending money to demo and not buy something but it was a nice way to appreciate the skis I do own now (mindbender 85’s). I kind of liked the montero stokli 158’s I tried on a run, but think if they had a shorter length they would’ve felt better.

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Would love to know your thoughts? I demoed the MX a few years ago in the wrong conditions and they were fairly fun. Always wanted to get them on a groomer where'd they'd shine. I have a friends who love the SC. I have a new to me pair of Laser AX's I'm having remounted this week. Moving the bindings a click forward to make them a little more user friendly. I really want to try the Montero AW.
I ended up trying the mx’s and monteros!! The mx’s weren’t that enjoyable with the thick cruddy snow, I felt like I would have to be a ballerina treading lightly on them to give them any use with current conditions. Didn’t get as much time on the monteros as I would’ve liked, they seemed enjoyable but definently a heavy ish solid ski… took a fair amount of energy to turn, which partially could’ve been the length since I demo’d the 158. I think overall maybe I could appreciate both more if I was an expert skier but a little hard to gauge with being a modest intermediate. If you try them let me know!! Definently skis you have to focus on since they want to go fast, but sounds like if you already own some lasers you’d enjoy them

Rachel614

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven’t demoed all of the narrow Stocklis, but loved the Laser MX earlier this season! What did you think?
Didn’t get as much time on them as I would’ve liked, they felt fun but definently skis you have to feel limited on where you can go with to an extent. My legs were kind of exhausted by day 3 which is when I demo’d them so that also made it difficult to give them a decent review lol. They seem like fun skis but not a ski I would pick in my top 3 skis to own if I lived out west where it snows fairly often‍♀️

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The key to surviving crud and chop on narrow skis is you have to keep them on edge/carve through it all. Anything else and you’re getting tossed, so you need to be very intentional with your skiing. I have the same issue with my slaloms when it gets chunky.

I demoed the MX last year at Killjngton and they were okay, but felt like a less exciting version of my slaloms. But I’m not sure it’s fair to compare a recreational ski to a racing ski, even if it’s a kids racing ski. They’re just built with different usages in mind.

SnowyO

Certified Ski Diva
The Montero AS look like a nice skookum ski too. I really enjoy my SC’s and AX’s. Both carve like gems and are great all round mountain skis. Leaning towards Storm Rider 88’s as I felt the Nella‘s just a little too light under foot. I’ve become a big Stockli fan as of late. Always a joy to be on.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna