• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Demo - 2024-2025 Fischer the Curv GT 76

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
Did a demo at my little hill today with a friend who was in the market for skis and had the chance to try next year's Fischer the Curv GT 76. I didn't even realize they aren't released yet until the end when I asked whether they'd be selling their demo fleet soon and they told me all but that one. Lol

Stats: age 44, 220 lbs, 5'7", ambitious intermediate. Demoed in 166, and one of the most valuable things I confirmed is that is definitely the correct length for me for a sub-80 carver with metal.

Variable conditions-- ice patches, crunchy bits, and active snowmaking.

I enjoyed these! They were more demanding than my daily driver Ripstick 88s, which I expected. I definitely had to pay more attention to staying forward and balanced. But it was an appropriate and enriching level of challenge. I took them down a crusty black run, and while I did go down once on a steep patch (see the increased demandingness), they did what I hope they would do on the hard patches.

Would consider these for future purchase as a ski that would help me improve without being in over my head!

1000007219.jpg1000007220.jpg

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did a demo at my little hill today with a friend who was in the market for skis and had the chance to try next year's Fischer the Curv GT 76. I didn't even realize they aren't released yet until the end when I asked whether they'd be selling their demo fleet soon and they told me all but that one. Lol

Stats: age 44, 220 lbs, 5'7", ambitious intermediate. Demoed in 166, and one of the most valuable things I confirmed is that is definitely the correct length for me for a sub-80 carver with metal.

Variable conditions-- ice patches, crunchy bits, and active snowmaking.

I enjoyed these! They were more demanding than my daily driver Ripstick 88s, which I expected. I definitely had to pay more attention to staying forward and balanced. But it was an appropriate and enriching level of challenge. I took them down a crusty black run, and while I did go down once on a steep patch (see the increased demandingness), they did what I hope they would do on the hard patches.

Would consider these for future purchase as a ski that would help me improve without being in over my head!

View attachment 22569View attachment 22570
Great review, sounds like you had an awesome day with them!! Can't ask for better than that. Would you be adding to the quiver or making these your new dailies when the time comes?

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
I do love my Ripsticks for daily drivers and recreational skiing. I think I more see adding a sub-80 carver for icier days and to take some lessons on them to continue to improve my edging skills

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been skiing the 25 Fischer Curv GT 80 for a little over a month.
This is a ski that has lane departure built in.

You know when you have a car with the lane departure feature, and the seat vibrates a bit if you get out of your lane.
I'm skiing along on nice groomers and if I get off piste a bit It goes....Buzz Buzz Buzz....Uh uh....get back in your lane.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga