• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Decision time - Pandora or S7w???

jen6sky

Diva in Training
Hi Divas!
I'm narrowed down to the Line Pandora and the Rossi S7w for my next ski. Goal is to have a one-ski quiver - all-mountain/everyday ski.
Would LOVE any and all feedback! :smile:
Thanks,
Jen

sdskiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Pandora from the year before with the fish on the topsheet. I found it to be a really fun ski. Very quick for such a wide waist at 115. Obviously great in the powder - what little I could find last year. As much as I like the Pandora and am very, very glad I have it in my quiver, I would miss my other skis if I only had the Pandora. I have the Head Wild One and an old school Volkl Queen Attiva. 81 and I believe 87 at the waist, respectively. The Pandora delivers everything Line says about it. For a one ski quiver, would probably want a ski at 98-100 at the waist.

Musiqa

Diva in Training
I can't say enough good things about the Rossi S7. I got them at the start of last season and they brought back all the fun in skiing that I was missing on other skis, most recently Volkl Auras. For me they're quick, agile, poppy, floaty, and even great on groomers (as long as it isn't icy). They're very, very close to a 1 ski quiver for me. I have a pair of carving skis that I only use in October and November when it's really hardpack, but the rest of the season it's the S7s. I haven't skied the Pandora so I can't comment on those.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fwiw, I was looking into both skis and decided the Pandora was more of a powder ski than the S7. I haven't skied either, though, it was just an impression that I got.

OT: sdskiqueen, what bindings do you have on your Pandoras? I remember you being roughly my size-ISHTA...

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fwiw, I was looking into both skis and decided the Pandora was more of a powder ski than the S7. I haven't skied either, though, it was just an impression that I got.

OT: sdskiqueen, what bindings do you have on your Pandoras? I remember you being roughly my size-ISHTA...

Ugh. Autocorrect messed me up. That's supposed to be "size-ish."

sdskiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I have to tell you that I have the bindings I have because last year I torn my ACL ... for the second time! So I talked to my bootfitter (Michael at Outdoor Divas) and asked him if there was a binding that could mitigate ACL tears. He recommended the Knee Binding. So I've switched all my bindings to the Knee Binding. Before I switched I believe I had Marker bindings. I really didn't need a very heafty binding as I am 5'4 and 115 lbs. so I never needed a binding that had a high DIN setting. I think my DIN setting is somewhere between 3 and 5ish.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
thanks, sdskiqueen. I'm on the lower end of the DIN spectrum, too, which is why I was curious as to what you'd found that came with stock brakes wide enough for the ski but also could accommodate a low DIN. :smile:

Hope the knee is all nice and strong for this season!

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I cant speak to the Pandorad, but i love my S7s!! Smeary, surfy, light, quick, fun... Awesome! You may want the slightly more narrow footprint of the s3 for a one- ski quiver. They certainly ski more narrow than the 110 waist, but they would be a tough ride on hardpack. Very turny. And great in trees, etc.
Curious to hear more line reviews!! I know some folks who loooove the Prophet.

josiegroper

Certified Ski Diva
I use my S7's for my all purpose ski. Great in everything except for very hard pack. If you are uncertain, you can try demo-ing both of them and make your decision after you've tried them both out.

sdskiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
To answer your question regarding brakes. For my Pandoras I had to get wider brakes than the standard width. I was lucky because the shop had an extra pair so they swapped them out without charge. Thanks for your good wishes for my knee. I skiied over the Thanksgiving holiday. All went well and had a great time on my new ACL.

Grace Elventhing

Certified Ski Diva
One more thumbs-up for the S7W. Even though I have several other skis that I enjoy (including Phat Luvs & Czars), the S7 is the one closest to a one ski quiver for me. I ski mostly in Utah and there, they are a total blast.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga