• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

Emski528

Angel Diva
Skied my Age yesterday. 66. Alyeska.. what a MT. Had no idea where I was skiing on Day 65- probably a good thing.. it snowed all day- about 5" of fresh was glorious. Yes I was shocked yesterday morning when the clouds were gone and I could see where we were skiing.. Gotta like steep and not be prone to vertigo to ski here, I do like steep :-)
Zoom in you can see the top of the Chair we ski off.

View attachment 23018
Wow!!! Expected to see a pic of Royal have an amazing time!

Days on snow this year, 5. Perhaps my least ever. 3 were at Alta in December and it was hard to motivate in the slush at my local the rest of the season. Took up Nordic skate skiing on fake snow and am hoping for better downhill next year. Just flew through Vancouver on the way home from Hawaii. Those mountains looked amazing! A trip there is high on the list for next season.

Marigee

Angel Diva
90 days so far for me - have another 7 before I am done for the season. About 40 of those were teaching days, the rest a mix of clinics, training days and “free ski” days.. Passed my L2 teaching and movement analysis exams this season, and passed the L2 skiing exam last season, so now I have my PSIA L2 certification. All the training paid off!

Suzy Fairweather

Certified Ski Diva
Skied my Age yesterday. 66. Alyeska.. what a MT. Had no idea where I was skiing on Day 65- probably a good thing.. it snowed all day- about 5" of fresh was glorious. Yes I was shocked yesterday morning when the clouds were gone and I could see where we were skiing.. Gotta like steep and not be prone to vertigo to ski here, I do like steep :-)

View attachment 23018
Happy 66th!! What a mountain you’re on!
Lovely hearing from someone who knows Revy. When were you here?
I LOVE REVY!!! Great Mt!! Hope you hit 100 or 100+

Suzy Fairweather

Certified Ski Diva
90 days so far for me - have another 7 before I am done for the season. About 40 of those were teaching days, the rest a mix of clinics, training days and “free ski” days.. Passed my L2 teaching and movement analysis exams this season, and passed the L2 skiing exam last season, so now I have my PSIA L2 certification. All the training paid off!
WAY TO GO! Counting down now, woohoo!!

Suzy Fairweather

Certified Ski Diva

View attachment 23018
I am so blown by this mountain! I just looked at it via Google Maps and my jaw dropped. Living vicariously through you!!
I was proud when I got 60 runs in time for my 60th birthday and my brother didn’t seem to care. He shrugged and said he was aiming for 100 days at his mtn near Bend, OR. Well that planted the seed for me and I’ve been trying since. Looks like I’ll be successful twice. Poor bro hasn’t made it past 86. Hehe

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Made it to 90 today! I figure I'll get in a few more days before my season is officially over. Incoming warm weather, rain, and resort closings make extending it beyond that pretty unlikely. For a less than stellar season, it's been an amazing mid March/early April. I hate to see it end.

IMG_3486.jpg

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lovely hearing from someone who knows Revy. When were you here?
I was there 2017 end of March. It was amazing!! Snowed every day on top 5-8". We hired a really cool young gal to guide us, had a blast in the bowls, accessed via 'the sweet spot" LOL it was hairy entrance to awesome snow and enjoyed plenty of sweet stashes in the trees! Loved the town too!!
I Hope to come back although I don't think I'll ever ski "kill the banker". LOL

revelstoke march 2017.jpg

revy 2017 4.jpg

Reactions: AJM

Suzy Fairweather

Certified Ski Diva
Made it to 90 today! I figure I'll get in a few more days before my season is officially over. Incoming warm weather, rain, and resort closings make extending it beyond that pretty unlikely. For a less than stellar season, it's been an amazing mid March/early April. I hate to see it end.
We’ve talked to a number of people from VT who say there’s very little snow. Impressed you’ve made it to 90! Yesterday I was also wondering if the mountain will close early if it doesn’t make it to April 14th.

Suzy Fairweather

Certified Ski Diva
I was there 2017 end of March. It was amazing!! Snowed every day on top 5-8". We hired a really cool young gal to guide us, had a blast in the bowls, accessed via 'the sweet spot" LOL it was hairy entrance to awesome snow and enjoyed plenty of sweet stashes in the trees! Loved the town too!!
I Hope to come back although I don't think I'll ever ski "kill the banker". LOL

View attachment 23025

View attachment 23026
Haha, yes, the Sweet Spot entrance is a bit hairy but after that it’s divine!
Hubster did Kill The Banker once and says he wouldn’t do it again. Had to console/help a woman crying with fear. Glad that woman wasn’t me!

We moved to Revy July 2017 and never looked back. My lifelong dream of living in a mountain town accomplished. It’s a sweet retired life.

MissySki

Angel Diva
We’ve talked to a number of people from VT who say there’s very little snow. Impressed you’ve made it to 90! Yesterday I was also wondering if the mountain will close early if it doesn’t make it to April 14th.
There is not very little snow right now in New England, there is actually a lot. Especially for this time of year. I’m in Maine and we are just about 100% open at Sunday River, including trees.

Suzy Fairweather

Certified Ski Diva
There is not very little snow right now in New England, there is actually a lot. Especially for this time of year. I’m in Maine and we are just about 100% open at Sunday River, including trees.
Love hearing about the mountains (especially when there’s snow!). Thanks for the report.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Days 52 and 53 at Sunday River.. such a fun weekend! Spring bumps in full effect. Next stop, and day 54, will be a bit further north into the path of totality at Sugarloaf tomorrow. Fingers crossed we get our logistics right and all goes well for parking and such.

I expect to hit around 10 more days after tomorrow. My highest ever season was 70 days, and while I don’t expect to get to that this year.. it should be my second highest season ever. Very pleased.. though we had snow challenges in the New England area quite a bit this season, I’ve had a mighty good time and way more soft snow and powder days than usual due to warmer temps and time out West and here. It’s been a darn good season somehow!

IMG_1044.jpeg

IMG_1051.jpeg
IMG_1052.jpeg

Suzy Fairweather

Certified Ski Diva
Days 52 and 53 at Sunday River.. such a fun weekend! Spring bumps in full effect. Next stop, and day 54, will be a bit further north into the path of totality at Sugarloaf tomorrow. Fingers crossed we get our logistics right and all goes well for parking and such.

I expect to hit around 10 more days after tomorrow. My highest ever season was 70 days, and while I don’t expect to get to that this year.. it should be my second highest season ever. Very pleased.. though we had snow challenges in the New England area quite a bit this season, I’ve had a mighty good time and way more soft snow and powder days than usual due to warmer temps and time out West and here. It’s been a darn good season somehow!

View attachment 23029

View attachment 23030
View attachment 23031
Beautiful photos and moguls

marzNC

Angel Diva
Finished a mini-trip yesterday staying in SLC with a NC family. Added 2 days at Alta and a day at Deer Valley. That makes 30 days out west.

First two days were warm spring conditions, then skied in a cold snowstorm the second day at Alta. Snow was great but visibility was pretty low all day.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

View attachment 23018
That looks incredible !!! My son has mentioned that he'd love to work there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga