• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think everyone’s definition of quality is a bit different in snow sports, but I agree that just getting days in to add a day if it isn’t fun for you isn’t a smart way to spend one’s time.

Agreed. Yesterday was day 38. To me every day is quality. It helps that i ski anything in almost any weather and it's all fun for me. I've a friend who went out on a mashed potatoe day at Magic when some navigational skiing was required and she said it sucked and was not a quality day so she went in. 100000% subjective as I had a ball that day.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Agreed. Yesterday was day 38. To me every day is quality. It helps that i ski anything in almost any weather and it's all fun for me. I've a friend who went out on a mashed potatoe day at Magic when some navigational skiing was required and she said it sucked and was not a quality day so she went in. 100000% subjective as I had a ball that day.
Yeah, I have the same mindset. The whole good snow versus good for you etc. really is my mantra. I started skiing in my 20s.. I need to ski crap snow too so I can get proficient in all conditions. I have plenty of a ways to go to do that, and I can't do it if I sit out the tougher days.

Just this weekend I had the absolute best time skiing spring bumps all of Saturday with fabulous snow, and then big change for yesterday where we had a little soft snow overnight and in the morning that made everything really sticky. I had class so I wasn’t calling it no matter what. And ya know what? Even though very sticky snow is far from my favorite condition, my instructor said I was skiing beautifully in it after a few tips and things to focus on. Had fun all over the mountain and picked up some good tactics and thoughts to have in mind for when the even worse sticky spring snow arrives on the hot days to come. Very worthwhile of a day to me, even though it probably wouldn’t have been most people’s cup of tea. The mountain was so dead though which was amazing, I’m sure it was a one and done for lots of people. In my own class group we lost 3 people throughout the day who weren’t feeling it, so only 3 of us finished the 3 hours with our instructor. And that’s okay, especially because those folks don’t ski once the really warm spring days get here either.

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yesterday was Day 6 at Heavenly after a 10 year break. Each day gets better than the last!
I just spent 5 days skiing at Heavenly and one at Northstar. I love skiing at Heavenly as have been skiing there for decades and know the mountain quite well!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been using my trusty paper calendar and a pen. Only 26 days this year. It's about quality not quantity.
Yes, paper calendar for me and I can track on my sports tracker app I use - Any day skiing is a better day than not :-)

1710846766456.png

alpinegal

Certified Ski Diva
Days 17-21 at Aspen and Alta

I've now gone more days than last year! Hoping to get a few more days in before the snow melts and round that out to 25 days, which really isn't all that bad considering the slow start we had at the beginning of the season.

I've been loving the five days of skiing in a row I've been getting this season. It's really helped for skills progression! On our last day at Snowmass, we only did tree runs, starting with the Burnt Mountain Glades. The hike up to the top of Burnt Mtn really wasn't too bad at all, and there was a TON of fresh snow out in the glades. Long shot looked like it was probably tracked out fast in comparison.

I opted out of the 45min-1hr hike up to the top of the Highlands bowl earlier in the week (mostly because I'm not ready to ski down 40°+ slopes) and worked more on my short turns on the consistently graded slopes there. We also went to Buttermilk for a day and found some really fun tree runs there as well and got more practice on moguls.

Not too bad of progression for season two of skiing.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Today was Day #80 for the season! A couple weeks ago, I had doubts I would make it this far, but a Miracle March snow storm — many ski areas in Vermont reported more than 2 feet — turned things around. I’m hoping to hit 90, but we’ll see.

IMG_6289.jpeg

MissySki

Angel Diva
Day 48 and 49 were the most fabulous powder days at Sunday River this weekend.. we supposedly received 36 inches from Friday night to Saturday night. I’m still in a good mood today from how great it was, apparently I’m in a powder daze! Lol

I got to ski a trail I’ve never braved there because it needs good snow and it’s under a lift that doesn’t run much so either you can’t scope it out almost at all or you get to see everything on the way up and chicken out lol .. Yesterday the lift was closed, so there was no checking first, but after this much snow it seemed the time to do it. I’m always happy NOT to have an audience too. Not many marked trails/glades are still on my unskied list there. It’s not really something that’s a big deal in general to me, to ski everything.. but I was pretty psyched about checking this one off in particular because I had really built it up in my head. I was with a great group and had someone who was so nice to guide me down the best way at one tricky part, which I really appreciated because the way he led me was actually perfectly easy but I wouldn’t have thought so if I’d gotten to that part on my own and not seen how someone else did it. Super fun and I’m glad I waited until I could actually ski it versus just survive it. That felt good!!

Unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures at all yesterday, and not much the day before either.. too busy skiing. I did snap these though.

IMG_0890.jpegIMG_0877.jpeg

Jilly

Staff member
Not sure where I am # wise at the point. But this past weekend was stellar!! I was rested and ready for the new snow. Add in the fact I got to ski with 4 other Ski Diva's at a place I hadn't skied in 20 years. So much fun!

It got to the point on Sunday, I just couldn't ski another bump run. @ilovepugs and I decided to ski the green runs that were groomed and some really small bumps.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Ugh this has been a terrible year for us. The El Nino warm winter really affected conditions here. Combined with overall busyness as we are busy building a new house and getting this one ready for sale; not a bad year to have business. I know we missed a few good days to due inertia but there weren't that many great days to miss.

Reactions: AJM

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sunday was #58 at Afton Alps as they were the only local place open. It was pretty fun, skiing in a couple inches of falling snow at a place I never been to.
Most areas closed for the season.
But then we got a foot and a half of snow.
Couple resorts are reopening for the weekend!

Peppermint

Angel Diva
I skied days 8 & 9 on Friday and Saturday at Bolton Valley. What a great time we had, first skiing on around 2 inches of snow (felt like frosting) on Friday and then skiing in all that wonderful powder on Saturday. It was my first time on powder and I will admit, I was a bit out of sorts for the first couple of runs but then I just tried to relax and flex more in the ankles to get a feel for it. Powder is so soft!

I have never been to Bolton Valley and I was wowed by its laid back vibe and great skiing. I will be going back next year for sure since its on the Indy Pass.

Divas who skied in Jay last week may remember my friend Bob, who stopped by your table to say hi. Pic below of us on the chairlift in the snowstorm on Sat.

Attachments

• IMG_2457.jpeg
    IMG_2457.jpeg
    406.2 KB · Views: 8

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Day 48 and 49 were the most fabulous powder days at Sunday River this weekend.. we supposedly received 36 inches from Friday night to Saturday night. I’m still in a good mood today from how great it was, apparently I’m in a powder daze! Lol

I got to ski a trail I’ve never braved there because it needs good snow and it’s under a lift that doesn’t run much so either you can’t scope it out almost at all or you get to see everything on the way up and chicken out lol .. Yesterday the lift was closed, so there was no checking first, but after this much snow it seemed the time to do it. I’m always happy NOT to have an audience too. Not many marked trails/glades are still on my unskied list there. It’s not really something that’s a big deal in general to me, to ski everything.. but I was pretty psyched about checking this one off in particular because I had really built it up in my head. I was with a great group and had someone who was so nice to guide me down the best way at one tricky part, which I really appreciated because the way he led me was actually perfectly easy but I wouldn’t have thought so if I’d gotten to that part on my own and not seen how someone else did it. Super fun and I’m glad I waited until I could actually ski it versus just survive it. That felt good!!

Unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures at all yesterday, and not much the day before either.. too busy skiing. I did snap these though.

View attachment 22928View attachment 22927
Love that you all are getting great snow. Enjoy a run for me. I'm in the CA desert now.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I skied days 8 & 9 on Friday and Saturday at Bolton Valley. What a great time we had, first skiing on around 2 inches of snow (felt like frosting) on Friday and then skiing in all that wonderful powder on Saturday. It was my first time on powder and I will admit, I was a bit out of sorts for the first couple of runs but then I just tried to relax and flex more in the ankles to get a feel for it. Powder is so soft!

I have never been to Bolton Valley and I was wowed by its laid back vibe and great skiing. I will be going back next year for sure since its on the Indy Pass.

Divas who skied in Jay last week may remember my friend Bob, who stopped by your table to say hi. Pic below of us on the chairlift in the snowstorm on Sat.

We love Bob!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna