• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Day 50. Only one lift opened up after 30 inches of fresh. Long wait for one green run, but always thankful for the right, if difficult, decisions being made to keep us all safe.
1000016876.jpg

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
Day 50. Only one lift opened up after 30 inches of fresh. Long wait for one green run, but always thankful for the right, if difficult, decisions being made to keep us all safe.
View attachment 22648
@snoWYmonkey I just saw this Instagram reel of that line and WOW!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Got day 7! I really don’t know how they’re going to make it another couple of weeks, based on the amount of snow loss from last weekend to this one. Supposed to be another overly warm week, too. Overheard some workers saying the slush cup is this upcoming weekend - they shouldn’t have any problem coming up with enough slush, lol.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just finished day 33. Still nursing my toe but got some free skiiing in Friday at bromley. Taught a 2 hour adaptive lesson saturday. I'm off skis all this week. Supposed to teach saturday at Magic but we'll see what weather brings, if we have any lessons.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well you've got one more diva telling your toe to hurry up and knock it off!

Thank you. I so appreciate it. This has been going on since early February. This is in between my pinkie and next toe and a bit on top so a terrible place. I know my podiatrist would prefer I don't ski at all until this is healed but he knows better than to tell me that. I've taught my obligated days but have skipped many, many free ski days. Its still an issue but I have a new ski boot liner which helps and my toe feels better so I've gotten in a few free ski days in the last couple weeks.

Definitely feeling better.

I've been under wound care since mid February, have worn flip flops almost constantly and wrap my foot up like the attached when home so I've been pretty diligent so that's helping.

IMG_20240311_002542_445.jpg

echo_VT

Angel Diva
It’s been awhile!
- 58 days
49 to 56: a mix of shuttling the kid for race practice or races during winter break for Vermont kids — I did get to ski with @empogo at her home mtn! — or I was working at my home hill. More group lessons than privates after the presidents holiday period.
57 and 58: were AIARE 2 in the Whites.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Got home from the GT, Big Sky, Bridger trip yesterday. Luckily my Southwest flight to RDU via Denver was the day before a big snowstorm that starts on March 13. SW is allowing people to change their flights on March 13-15, if they have flexible schedules.

Skied Big Sky 6 days (Ikon) and 2 days at Bridger ($77/day adult ticket) after moving to Bozeman for a few more nights. Shared a private lesson at Big Sky and Bridger. Spring skiing at Bridger with daytime temps in the 40s. Total out west up to 20 as of March 12 (10 in December, 10 in March).

Beckster

Certified Ski Diva
Yesterday marked 24 backcountry ski tours. My goal is to get the highest elevation gain in my ski club this season. Had hoped to do some bigger climbs while I was in the Dolomites, but the avalanche danger hindered those plans. At least the trip wasn’t cancelled due to the lack of snow.
Tomorrow brings me to Adelboden for my 6th day in-bounds.
Got my first 4 Nordic days skating on the Engadiner Marathon course last week. Great conditions and fun watching the pros training.

BTW- as a born and raised Minnesotan ski racer. It’s been so fun reading the experiences coming out of the Midwest!! :-)

Beckster

Certified Ski Diva
Yesterday marked 24 backcountry ski tours. My goal is to get the highest elevation gain in my ski club this season. Had hoped to do some bigger climbs while I was in the Dolomites, but the avalanche danger hindered those plans. At least the trip wasn’t cancelled due to the lack of snow.
Tomorrow brings me to Adelboden for my 6th day in-bounds.
Got my first 4 Nordic days skating on the Engadiner Marathon course last week. Great conditions and fun watching the pros training.

BTW- as a born and raised Minnesotan ski racer. It’s been so fun reading the experiences coming out of the Midwest!! :-)
1c1e4113-1aa2-4ab8-9f6d-95bf56da3b32.jpegOops, just figured out how to attach an image….yesterday’s tour

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
#57 yesterday back home at Gore, had a great February skied all but 7 travel days :-) started off March in Telluride- great skiing as always- Telluride rivals Taos in steeps and trees and superb groomers- easy to navigate the Mt too.. Now I'll ski the East until I head to the far NW for April fun
Gore looking East yesterday
1710419764550.jpeg

Revelation bowl. Telluride
1710420033712.jpeg

Telluride LOTS TO SKI 1710419951921.jpeg

Skiing in a box canyon is like a mini Banff.
1710420111536.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna