• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

shadoj

Angel Diva
Day 26 (Sunday) & Day 27 (Tuesday). Welch, MN.

Skied hard on Sunday as the warm temps continued to soften the snow. @ballen met up with me & friends for some "Back Bowl" fun. Really good time. Especially watching a slow-motion double-ejection on the slushy return catwalk from rental skis which must've been set at type I DINs or something... pretty sure that wasn't his first, nor second, yard sale on the way down! Luckily, folks decided to remain essentially injury-free while we were there.

Tuesday was way too warm again; I subbed for part of a patrol shift before our training night, which made for a long day in the thick, choppy conditions which had begin to set up slightly before the day was over.

Another patroller still needed to get checked off on his toboggan skills for the year, so I tailed & even drove a loaded toboggan down the slop/crud on one of our steeper runs, which was quite a challenge. Though I guess I did it well enough to be signed off on basic toboggan hauling skills, too, as all the right people there were there watching :becky:. Woohoo, now I'm an Alpine Patroller! Going to keep help teaching this year's class and practicing; I can now sign up for some toboggan skills enhancement at our regional clinics.

We need temps to drop below freezing here! It's getting to be water skiing...

Beckster

Certified Ski Diva
Backcountry day #15 yesterday. Looking forward to Sunday’s 1400meter elevation climb to to the Wildgärst marking ski tour #16.
Tomorrow will be my 2nd day on the slopes. Day 1 Adelboden, tomorrow Gstaad. We’ve been having spring like weather in Switzerland . Am hoping today’s rain ️ translates to some fresh snow ❄️ higher up.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wohoo, now I'm an Alpine Patroller! Going to keep help teaching this year's class and practicing; I can now sign up for some toboggan skills enhancement at our regional clinics.

We need temps to drop below freezing here!
Congratulations on being official!

I just got home from Day #37 at Trollhaugen.
Spring slushy skiing. Upper 40s and sunny it was beautiful weather. I took extra days off work so I could ski before and after my Florida vacation. The snow better still be there when I get back!
The crazy part is, it's below average temperatures there so it's not going to be a whole lot warmer than here! They're forecasting rain and cold for half the time I'll be there. This is the first time I wished I wasn't going, but the reason for the trip is to see my parents.

shadoj

Angel Diva
Congratulations on being official!

I just got home from Day #37 at Trollhaugen.
Spring slushy skiing. Upper 40s and sunny it was beautiful weather. I took extra days off work so I could ski before and after my Florida vacation. The snow better still be there when I get back!
The crazy part is, it's below average temperatures there so it's not going to be a whole lot warmer than here! They're forecasting rain and cold for half the time I'll be there. This is the first time I wished I wasn't going, but the reason for the trip is to see my parents.
Thanks! :smile:
I remember our "friendly rival" college swim team (note: us divers had the same coach and practiced together) having their winter trip to Florida one year, and ending up with crazy cold weather. Frost on the diving boards may have been only slight hyperbole. Fortunately, my school's later southern trip had better weather that season!

Have fun in Florida & safe travels. Family is both frustrating and fun, but it's always good to connect in those rare pauses in our busy modern lives.

I'll be up at Wild on Feb 11th on my way to Lutsen, hopefully not getting dumped out of a toboggan during Senior OET evaluation!

newbieM

Angel Diva
The days are just piling up here! I’m on day 4. And I had a wonderful day at solitude. Tomorrow I hope to have day 4 at Brighton.

I actually got to ski with friends so that was fun and I’m now decent enough to ski with my boyfriend in the afternoons once he’s gotten his powder chasing runs in. He’s super supportive and helpful and explains things that are hard to learn on your own such as how to look and assess what lines to take down.

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
A humbling Day 7 yesterday at Holiday Valley. Our passes start at 3:30 on the weekends and dear lord, it was a mix of sheets of ice and sand-like moguled-up chop by the time we started, and the busiest I have ever experienced skiing in. I am spoiled. (And not that I expected it to be GOOD given our weather lately and the time of day, but I hadn't imagined how rough it might be. LOL.) I just could NOT handle it at all, and fear completely kicked in. Woof. After a handful of survival skiing runs, we called it a day to avoid ending up hurt.

Verve

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A humbling Day 7 yesterday at Holiday Valley. Our passes start at 3:30 on the weekends and dear lord, it was a mix of sheets of ice and sand-like moguled-up chop by the time we started, and the busiest I have ever experienced skiing in. I am spoiled. (And not that I expected it to be GOOD given our weather lately and the time of day, but I hadn't imagined how rough it might be. LOL.) I just could NOT handle it at all, and fear completely kicked in. Woof. After a handful of survival skiing runs, we called it a day to avoid ending up hurt.
Ugh! We had a pretty similar day at Sugarbush North yesterday (day 16?) - the middle mountain lift went down midday so when we got there, all the lines were tremendous and the conditions were sugar snow on countertops. Called it pretty quickly for the same logic you used - better to ski another day when it’s more fun!

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
Day 8 has redeemed my weekend. Was definitely worth getting up at the crack of dawn to arrive in time for my place's passholder-only hours between 8-10 am. Freshly groomed, took a good lesson with a great instructor, got my confidence back, did some solid skiing in the sun, got 12 runs in and quit at just the right time.

newbieM

Angel Diva
Day 5 at Brighton! Beautiful blue bird day. My boots still aren’t totally dialed in and I’m just so out of shape so my stamina is flagging but I had a wonderful time and it was gorgeous. I skiied by myself since the friend crew skiied harder terrain but I felt so very lucky to be out there.

IMG_9708.jpeg

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
7FB75776-381E-4B31-A68A-75937F526624.jpeg0D0601AC-219C-4510-8393-76C0343A264B.jpeg94543A61-63CC-4A04-BC78-601D812C0123.jpeg
Skied at MRG yesterday with @jthree (that’s her on the single chair ahead of me). I overterrained myself on Lower Antelope; jthree did the steep, icy bumps with aplomb and most graciously waited for me to side scoot on my hip down a few icy pitches. Otherwise we had an amazing day underneath sunny skis and basically skied until last chair. The groomers were lovely but the bumps were only so so. We also did a few little woods adventures, nothing crazy but it was fun to slide on the soft snow and work on overriding some of my fear impulses.

One of my top two ski days this season (the other being the 18” powder day at Mont Sainte Anne)!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
View attachment 22472View attachment 22473View attachment 22474
Skied at MRG yesterday with @jthree (that’s her on the single chair ahead of me). I overterrained myself on Lower Antelope; jthree did the steep, icy bumps with aplomb and most graciously waited for me to side scoot on my hip down a few icy pitches. Otherwise we had an amazing day underneath sunny skis and basically skied until last chair. The groomers were lovely but the bumps were only so so. We also did a few little woods adventures, nothing crazy but it was fun to slide on the soft snow and work on overriding some of my fear impulses.

One of my top two ski days this season (the other being the 18” powder day at Mont Sainte Anne)!
Beautiful!

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Yes- fabulous day on Sunday with @ilovepugs! Beautiful bluebird skies, great trails (well except for those icy moguls on Antelope), decent lift lines, and great company!

View attachment 22475View attachment 22475

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Yes- fabulous day on Sunday with @ilovepugs! Beautiful bluebird skies, great trails (well except for those icy moguls on Antelope), decent lift lines, and great company!
2F0C81D2-BE2A-4DBA-B0CB-8A89AE34F209.jpeg

T Mat

Diva in Training
10-12 was a lovely ski touring weekend to Yosemite NP Ostrander Hut. After my previous post that I was looking for a new set of touring skis, ended up with Volkls Blaze 86s that were great for the long tour in, out and around the hut.

13-15 this last weekend, enjoying some storm skiing in Kirkwood. Sunday was deep, but heavy; they closed early at noon and I was dead already. Exciting change: I removed the spoilers in my resort boots, and the improvement in my fit/control is astronomical - I'm stoked!

I'm so grateful for the new snow! 1000013867.jpg1000013920.jpg

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Day 1! Winter may now start in New England ;)

I’m committing to a cautious season on greens to protect my new ACL but it felt so good to be out there! I was nervous on the drive there but I swear I was grinning ear to ear the entire drive home.

Now I just need to get my footbeds sorted since it seems my biomechanics have changed and I no longer pronate on that side.
IMG_4303.jpeg

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Day 1! Winter may now start in New England ;)

I’m committing to a cautious season on greens to protect my new ACL but it felt so good to be out there! I was nervous on the drive there but I swear I was grinning ear to ear the entire drive home.

Now I just need to get my footbeds sorted since it seems my biomechanics have changed and I no longer pronate on that side.
View attachment 22480
Yeah! It was so good to see you yesterday!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Day 42 today!
- 36 and 37 — skied in clinic and with fellow instructors working on tasks at Stowe 1/27 and 1/28. I was supposed to work a race on 1/28 and it ended up being canceled due to fog (no visibility)
- 38 and 39 — clinic at Stowe with @empogo
! With amazing clinicians. Our skiing minds and bodies were blown away. Lots of fog still!
- 40 and 41 — private lesson guests at Stowe for the weekend and impromptu synchro skiing and clinic’ing when getting called off. Hello sun! Also the busiest day at Stowe on Saturday. And there was a banked slalom race on Sunday at Stowe too!
- 42 today was just a couple of runs bc I took my daughter in for her first day of super G training. She’s 5’3” and those skis are thin and 185 cm. I asked her how were they? She was like “they’re fine” — and I was like, they’re a full 15 cm longer than your GS skis at 170 cm… are you sure? She’s like yeah. lol. This kid cracks me up. I would be freaked. Oh yeah. First race on SG is next Monday. She’ll get more time on them and she’ll have a GS race too. It’s going to be hectic.

I will be at Burke this Friday! I won’t ski but just watch her race and work remotely otherwise!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna