• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Day#23 after work last night. It was a short but good evening. It's been unseasonably warm so any warm day in January is like a bonus day. The last few days were juscold enough to make snow so they re did some of the runs. I was happy they opened up my favorite warm up green run that has the natural quarter pipe on the side. Today Will be a full day of skiing and then going to my work Holiday party at a restaurant down the street from the resort.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Spent all day on my snowboard yesterday… I was so, so wiped afterwards. Since I didn’t have any private lessons lined up and only a morning group class, the snowboard training instructor took us out on clinics the rest of the day - park progression and working on cleaning up some bad habits on steeps. I fell, a lot, which is what happens when I am tired or my balance is tired. I’m happy I did it and it’s clear I need to stop neglecting this sport in favor of trying to progress skiing! When I lived near Sugarbush/MRG the motivation to spend time on the board was not there the last few years, because on fresh snow days everything got super crowded and chopped up within the first handful of runs.

There is fresh snow at Jay Peak today - somewhat more than expected. I went to bed at 8pm and only roused myself from bed around 8am. Feeling vaguely human again instead of a donut eating zombie so I will head out soon and at least get a little time on the mountain before and after resort Human Resources orientation (yuck).

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
6 days so far - at Grandvalira (Andorra). Leaving just as the snow gets going, but was able to benefit somewhat. The interesting news is that my Grandvalira season pass gives me 5 days each at Deer Valley, Steamboat, and Mammoth (as well as locations in South America, Europe, and Asia). I will try to use the US ones!

horsepowered

Certified Ski Diva
Day #6 yesterday at Seven Springs. It was wonderful to see the mountain actually WHITE thanks to the snow storm, but it's sadly going to be above freezing all week again, so I'm guessing we'll lose the snow we just gained :(

alpinegal

Certified Ski Diva
Finally got Day 2 yesterday at Crystal Mountain thanks to the huge snow dump Friday & Saturday. Previously I was hesitant to go out and scratch up my skis during low tide. Slow season start, but it's about to ramp up with five straight days at ski camp in Switzerland next week.

I got to take out my new Sheeva 10s and they were excellent for blasting through all the chop that appeared midday. These skis really make me want to go fast!

Sunday seemed like the better day to go because I heard stories from Sat about longer lift lines, teslas getting stuck on the road and people stopping to put on chains in the middle of the road. We had a really nice day and the mountain (Rainier) made an appearance!

shadoj

Angel Diva
Day 16 yesterday, at Powderhorn in Grand Junction, CO. Beautiful day with packed powder. Lots of magic carpet time with my sis & the almost-3yo nephew (his 2nd time on skis!), plus took a few runs with my mom. Has been over a decade since I skied with anyone in my family... such a treat :smile:

Enjoyed the scenery as much as the skiing; didn't push too hard due to elevation, but managed to get a few mogul turns in. Soft natural snow is so delightful!

Heading back home to MN tomorrow for the usual chilly ice-crystal slopes!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Impulse drove to Mont Sainte Anne last night to chase powder… because single life, no dogs this week, and remote work means location flexibility, and I had enough hotel points to spring for ski in ski out on the mountain for a few nights.

Holy heck, it was worth it. They got about 9” overnight with free refills during the day, and no crowds.
F7D8E173-1C1B-4A15-992B-51C65ECC9533.jpeg

I worked during the morning while it was still pretty windy and then skied a few hours in the afternoon. My half day ticket (including night access) was US$73 including taxes. Only the northern side of the mountain was open - a bunch of blue trails - but since I’ve never been here before I had lots of fun. The pitch of the mountain was perfect for me to work on my bump skiing.

So, so, soooo great. Going to pump some work out tonight, “schedule send” emails for tomorrow and do it again.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Impulse drove to Mont Sainte Anne last night to chase powder… because single life, no dogs this week, and remote work means location flexibility, and I had enough hotel points to spring for ski in ski out on the mountain for a few nights.

Holy heck, it was worth it. They got about 9” overnight with free refills during the day, and no crowds.
View attachment 22205

I worked during the morning while it was still pretty windy and then skied a few hours in the afternoon. My half day ticket (including night access) was US$73 including taxes. Only the northern side of the mountain was open - a bunch of blue trails - but since I’ve never been here before I had lots of fun. The pitch of the mountain was perfect for me to work on my bump skiing.

So, so, soooo great. Going to pump some work out tonight, “schedule send” emails for tomorrow and do it again.
How fun!

Amie H

Angel Diva
I'm now up to 4 days on snow this season. 1st on NYD in Wisconsin in not the best conditions had me doubting my abilities. Well, my first day at Beaver Creek on Sunday, all of the questioning went out the window. Not sure if it's my daily pool workouts or what but I felt really strong and stable even at speed on steeper blues. Yesterday at Vail was great, too, as in no worries, just easy breezy skiing.
My tally thus far:
Cascade Mountain (WI) 1
Beaver Creek CO 2
Vail CO 1

I have 1 more day on my EPIC pass + my 4 free "local" days at Wilmot

Already planning my next trip(s)

shadoj

Angel Diva
Just after my last post yesterday: sis calls to see if I want to ski after she drops nephew off at 1st day of preschool, contingent on returning by early afternoon. Does that question need an answer?! Yes, I can be ready in 15 minutes. Yep, $64 buddy pass is absolutely worth it, since, ya know, I already brought my skis on the plane and they survived yesterday's skiing, too. And runs with ~4.5x more vertical than my local hill!

This is her way of listening to some uninterrupted continuing ER doc education on the drive to/from the mountain twice a month (opioids and alcohol were the topics; kinda interesting, actually). She didn't even board last year (pregnant), and this was her second "real" time out this season... has not forgotten anything, still graceful as ever.

Day 17! Powderhorn, CO. Bonus 2" fresh snow overnight. Waaay more athletic and altitude-acclimated sis wanted to do some non-kid and not-suitable-for-mom runs (aka boarding though the aspen steeps), and she takes me on a couple fave tree runs that inevitably end in moguls most of the way down. Ended up in thigh-deep powder (for me!) at times in the trees, which was hilarious... I was so slow, but got down without damaging me or my gear. Did a few cruisers in between while she lapped some lift-visible glades, then would meet up for another challenge. Tons of fun, hope to repeat :smile:

Today, multiple flight delays operated concurrently (no missed connections); a good final jetstream got me back home on the ground at a reasonable hour. Skis arrived without apparent damage, so I shall go out again into the potential snowstorm tomorrow for day 18 at Welch.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I just got an email from Powder Mountain announcing their closure today due to snow. It made me giggle - too much powder for even PowMow!
I'm hoping to get to ski a bit of pow in February at PC. Last year Taos didn't have fresh snow and I ski New England hard pack. It would be nice to try some freshies. ;)

Reactions: AJM

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got an email from Powder Mountain announcing their closure today due to snow. It made me giggle - too much powder for even PowMow!
I think it had more to do with the wind... at Snowbasin the wind at around mid-mountain was blowing HARD. Plus the road to powmow is dicey sometimes even in good conditions. The road up there was closed - I think that had a lot to do with their closure too.

All that being said I got day 9 - after being sick since Christmas (yuck) and my boots felt so dialed in, and my Sheevas finally ski like I remember them when I demoed them. EVEN when I could barely see where I was going for some parts of the morning .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga