• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
11- so far all good with my leg :-) I have had some really nice ski days at Gore and Royal. Tuesday 26th was nice soft snow that turned into fun bumps. The rain and work have halted my skiing but I should get the next 4-5 days in playing hookie or skiing in the morning and working afternoons. Being self employed helps.
Royal: 1703766275748.jpeg

Gore: Cold Fast and firm 1703766399383.jpeg
Top Ridge Gore- was skiing really well..
1703766443047.jpeg

shadoj

Angel Diva
Day 11! Has been a super-lean, rainy year. Finally getting back to snowmaking temps, woot.

Feeling good technique again! While others complain of ice/skied-off conditions, despite the sugar piles on top... I'm having a ton of fun :smile:

Going back out tomorrow morning for New Year's Eve Day, then hiding inside off the roads at home all evening. May or may not make it until midnight ;)

Amie H

Angel Diva
Day 1 for the season/year! Conditions haven't been great regionally, so I chose Cascade bc it had the most terrain & lifts open. I knew ahead of time that all last week was melt/freeze cycle.

I did my New Years day visit to Cascade Mountain (WI) many years ago and it was empty. Pretty crowded today. Lots of newbs. (I thought about @Jilly 's recent encounters and was on alert!)

Very glad that at the last minute, I chucked my Rossi temptation 84s in the trunk. Started the day on the Stokli Nela 80s, and they were ok, but struggled in the deep sugar snow. About halfway through my day, I walked back to the car and switched skis. The Rossis - w more rocker & wider shovel plus more weight - handled the sugar much better.

Was chatting w a woman on ski patrol who said that some of the narrow green thruways, the only way through was snowplowing! I mean those ice shavings were DEEP.

Tbh, I didn't feel GREAT out there but decent enough. Pretty normal for me in early sason. Saturday I head to Beaver Creek!

Happy New Year, all!

Attachments

• 20240101_141427.jpg
    20240101_141427.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 4

shadoj

Angel Diva
Happy New Year! Day 13!
Looking back at 2023, this would've only been outing #6 for me. Despite the rough start to the season, turns out I'm already ahead. Feels like I'm a week ahead skill/smoothness-wise, too!

Every day out skiing brings such joy to me. Hoping y'all can find the same this year, even if in the tiniest of moments.

Back at it tomorrow for training, of course. Pulling out a toboggan; wish me luck!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Today is Day 26 for me. As anyone here in New England can tell you, it's certainly been a challenging season so far. Temps are colder this week (finally), so everyone is blowing snow like crazy. We need a few back-to-back snow storms. Fingers crossed the new year brings 'em on!

horsepowered

Certified Ski Diva
I hit day 5 yesterday, thanks to a dusting of New Year's snow in Western PA. Conditions at Seven Springs were still not great - there was one run that was mostly frozen dirt, lol.

Fingers crossed for snowstorms and continued snow-making temps for those of us in the East! This week looks like we should at least be able to make some good snow.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
#15- Had some nice skiing over the holiday (man made) we did get 3" of wet stuff that actually made firm, granular snow sticky and bumpy.. Yesterday when the guns went on it was beautiful powder snow that filled in the few bare spots and really sweetened up the trails. Mother Nature PLEASE HELP US AND SNOW! Happy New Year everyone!

1704203261556.jpeg

echo_VT

Angel Diva
24 days total, including some skiing during the day and then also tours uphill after hours. I took off today and yesterday. They did end up closing uphill sadly due to the terrible conditions… taught All the lessons! Opted not to do torchlight bc I thought it would be the stuff that ruins outerwear — turns out it was LED lights. We were so tired we passed out at 8 pm. The terrain was pretty terrible when we taught… we got some snow (natural) but it wasn’t enough. They blew snow but it will take a lot to recover what was lost… as it’s been a continuous loss…!

JayZeeSquared

Certified Ski Diva
11 days now, mostly spent at Breck. Icy, icy, icy and so very busy, but expected for holiday break. My husband wanted to go up on the t-bar but we decided against it to save our bases haha. I've been trying to play around and getting comfortable in moguls which I've found to be fun but the amount of branches I've accidentally ran over makes me cringe. I also have been hitting small boxes and side bumps to catch air, mostly unsuccessful and end up crashing but trying to push myself out of my comfort zone. Praying for more snow out here :(

T Mat

Diva in Training
At 8 so far. 2 low tide resort days at Kirkwood before Christmas, then 6 days touring in rain, ice and snow at Lassen NP. Unfortunately, broke my trusty touring skis (G3 Synapse carbon 101s) on Monday, so now I'm in a pinch looking for new ones before some planned tours later this month.

shadoj

Angel Diva
Day 15! Lovely snow, just above freezing, sun kinda peeking out, no one got injured, ran into some regulars on the chairlift, fixed some buried ropes... then training on patient wheelchair-to-car transfer, helped with shift toboggan refresher as a patient, and hauled an unloaded Traverse toboggan down the hill (we mostly run Cascades except for the "back bowl" steeps, but never really train on these beefier guys).

Did a few poleless runs at the end since I was marking some runs with another girl-power patroller; felt like a little kid. So good to have her back post-ACL-surgery.

Ran into a patroller (ahem, sorry for repeat theme) from another local hill who was on my "help team" for their OEC test earlier this fall. Good to catch up. Their hill still doesn't have snow and isn't open :(

Had hoped to get in a couple more days this week, but SI joint was subluxed and pelvis all jacked up so I spent Weds-Thurs stretching/PT-ing/etc. Can sideslip again on the right downhill ski! So nice when opposing muscles stop firing at the same time, and I can shift center of mass laterally. Was certainly a fun training night on Tues as I was trying to demonstrate my physical (in)ability to flatten the downhill ski :eek:

A longer story from the evening, but conversation led to the fact that my new coaching call-out is "Ride that horse" and I instantly self-correct some hip/balance issues. And it's hard not to giggle a little bit which is good for the stance and relaxation ;)

During my down-time, I did the Instructor Development eCourse for NSP which is the first step in becoming an instructor in various patrol skills down the road. Already have someone lined up to teach the in-person portion this spring, and have several other friends on this same path. Woohoo!

Flying out to Grand Junction tomorrow to visit family and/or have some Magic Carpet time. Decided to bring my skis after all. I'll count 'em all as days out on the hill with my nephew!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna