• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

JayZeeSquared

Certified Ski Diva
8 days now! Skied hard for 4 days straight last week.
Day 5 - Keystone for afternoon skiing. Not terribly skied out and not too crunchy. Kept a major eye out on the front side blue runs since I saw branches and rock corners sticking out
Day 6 - Keystone again for afternoon skiing. Decided to venture out to Mozart and Prospector. Mozart wasn't terrible but Prospector was not fun lol. Immediately went back over to the front side to cruise.
Day 7 - Breck was a lot of fun, I was ripping it that day! Made a decision to go down some black moguls to push myself which was a total mistake lol Not level wise but coverage wise. So many branches and rocks to navigate through, it was not fun.
Day 8 - Vail. I was so excited that the back bowls were open. The groomers were fun but everything else was choppy. I definitely was feeling the effects on my legs and knees of skiing hard for 3 days straight so after a few runs I headed back to the front side to cruise groomers. Pretty skied out at the end of our day.
Unfortunately heading back to the midwest (MI) for the holidays but fortunate that we will be coming back right after the storm that will be coming thru Summit County this weekend. Based on the conditions right now, I'd honestly wouldn't go back out until there was a big storm. I'm still desperate to make turns but I want it to be in better conditions lol!

Christy

Angel Diva
@MissySki isn't it a law or rule or something that skiers in a collision must exchange information? At the very least the clinic should use the opportunity of lessons and clinics to make sure everyone knows their responsibilities when on the hill. That she just skied away--wow. I already forgot if you said if this is an ongoing clinic but I'd want the program manager to pull her out and let her know private lessons are the only appropriate option for her at the moment.

Amie H

Angel Diva
Whoa, @MissySki I just saw your post. That woman should have been kicked off the mountain. Period.

I hope you are doing ok?

She was SCREAMING to distract anyone from pointing the finger at her. She knew she was wrong and faked her way out of it like a soccer player trying to get a foul called on an opponent. Disgusting and dangerous behavior and attitude.

Again, I hope you are doing OK.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Whoa, @MissySki I just saw your post. That woman should have been kicked off the mountain. Period.

I hope you are doing ok?

She was SCREAMING to distract anyone from pointing the finger at her. She knew she was wrong and faked her way out of it like a soccer player trying to get a foul called on an opponent. Disgusting and dangerous behavior and attitude.

Again, I hope you are doing OK.
I am good as new, thank you for checking in!

Funny you should say that, as I thought the same thing in my own musings. Given that the excessive screaming didn’t match up at all imo to then skiing off like nothing happened.. it made me wonder what other motive a person could have for making such a commotion. Couldn’t really come up with anything outside of this.. and it did also work on me in that I went into “are you okay” mode versus yelling at her like I might have otherwise. Either that or she was truly freaked out, she said she’d had surgery on both knees so I imagine it would be scary to fall into a tangle with someone this way. And it likely didn’t feel good.. But my goodness I fully expected she had a broken bone or torn ligaments with the way she was carrying on and it freaked me out.

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I am good as new, thank you for checking in!

Funny you should say that, as I thought the same thing in my own musings. Given that the excessive screaming didn’t match up at all imo to then skiing off like nothing happened.. it made me wonder what other motive a person could have for making such a commotion. Couldn’t really come up with anything outside of this.. and it did also work on me in that I went into “are you okay” mode versus yelling at her like I might have otherwise. Either that or she was truly freaked out, she said she’d had surgery on both knees so I imagine it would be scary to fall into a tangle with someone this way. And it likely didn’t feel good.. But my goodness I fully expected she had a broken bone or torn ligaments with the way she was carrying on and it freaked me out.
So what did the head of the ski school that runs clinics have to say? Has anyone spoken with her?

MissySki

Angel Diva
So what did the head of the ski school that runs clinics have to say? Has anyone spoken with her?
She did a PSA in our weekly email and also in the full group morning meetup last Saturday. In the email she posted the skier code and some additional, and at the meetup she called out specifically the fact that the uphill skier always has the responsibility to ski in control and avoid anyone anywhere ahead of you etc.

So the specific incident wasn't brought up, but I didn’t expect it to be and thought it was a good level setting of skier code/responsibility info in general. She also specified that if anyone has a collision you need to exchange information with the person and a report should be filed with Patrol as well. In our private conversation she was extremely apologetic and sorry for what happened. And I know all of the other instructors were briefed on things because they asked me about what happened as well. I’m at least happy that this person is on everyone’s radar, and hopefully this was a true one off.. I do know she tried to go into a “higher/faster” level group last weekend, and not sure what happened exactly but she ended up back in the original group based on interaction with the instructors.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Day 3 today at Holiday Valley! Took a group lesson (comes with my pass), some good refreshers. I think I could probably level up next time. All women in my group, which was fun! (Told one about ski diva-- so hello classmate if you decide to stop by the boards!)
I'm assuming the happy glades aren't open yet? Those trees were a lifesaver in my early skiing years making trees accessible to practice in. Wish our PA mountains had something similar.

2 days here. Conditions at Montage were much improved from last weekend, much better coverage. No new trails, but you can see they're blowing on other trails trying to get more open.

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
I'm assuming the happy glades aren't open yet? Those trees were a lifesaver in my early skiing years making trees accessible to practice in. Wish our PA mountains had something similar.
No happy glades yet! Only a few runs open so far, but still worth the trip out to start working up my endurance for Diva East! :smile: I will have to seek out the happy glades later in the season -- I am a total trees newbie, so sounds like a wonderful starting place.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No happy glades yet! Only a few runs open so far, but still worth the trip out to start working up my endurance for Diva East! :smile: I will have to seek out the happy glades later in the season -- I am a total trees newbie, so sounds like a wonderful starting place.
I hope to make Diva East again this year, so hope to meet you there!

@MissySki so sorry this happened! Glad you are ok, but do try to limit your screen time if you can so you can recover more quickly and completely.

I have not yet been out at all this season. My local mountain has been open on weekends, but we've been in a cycle of mild weather and rain for days and between very limited conditions, work, and the holidays, I've been pretty busy (but would have made time to ski if conditions were good). I so miss the years when I started skiing (2005-2009) and it snowed like crazy and the mid-week passes for Okemo and Stratton were under $300. Now I just have a pass for my local mountain and driving up to a bigger mountain on a weekday is much more challenging now that I own a young dog and because starting in January, I will spend my weekdays in both Northampton and Wellesley. We need a big snow storm here in New England!

Peppermint

Angel Diva
@MissySki, I just saw these posts. I'm sorry you were hit and have a concussion. I had a bad concussion a few years ago and was out of work for 2 months (couldn't tolerate looking at screens), so take it slow if you can. Sending good vibes your way.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Day 13 today. Only one day was not on the clock. A bit of a scaredy cat as we are all crammed onto limited but nicely groomed man made terrain. Hoping not too many guests cancel their ski lessons as the long term forecast is less than stellar.

Grateful for each and every day so far. Tomorrow is the start of the holiday rush and I am a bit less enthusiastic as I wish to avoid injury this season.

Last edited:

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think we had a lucky escape, we were thinking of heading to BC but judging by the slow start you all seem to be having I'm kinda pleased we didnt pull the trigger. If its any consolation we (at least where we live) are having THE worst Summer I can remember, I'm hoping it improves in January.
Here's hoping the season picks up for you all and fingers crossed @snoWYmonkey that you dont injure yourself again xx

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Bolton, Stowe, the Bruce. Most of it is deteriorating fast so have to take advantage of what snow we have left.
Nice! The uphill route at Jay is ok right now because it’s all on snowmaking terrain. I’ve only done one tour there this season though. The neighborhood abandoned ski area is quite brown at the moment, however.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga