• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

day trip from LA?

Bumblebee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any cali/nevada experts out there?

Im going to be in LA mid-march and it seems a shame to take 3 flights (from shetland!) and not get a day at a hill. I'm over for a week with 19/20 on-site but otherwise am flexi.

I'm open to flying but as I'm on my own don't want big air transfers or big car rentals.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, BB! I have no suggestions....just wanted to say it's nice to see you on the forum again!

Bumblebee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm glad to be back - there have been big life changes since we met at Diva week 2009. Ive had 2 babies and I'm moving country again in a few weeks - after half a lifetime overseas I'm ready to go home.

If I'd been organised I probably could've joined you this year - on to 2015 then!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, how much time will you have? Oh, and there's no snow out here right now as we are in a severe drought, but word is that the storm gates are going to open late this week!

mustski

Angel Diva
So you will be in our neck of the woods for a week! when you say day trip are you talking about drive time ... or are you looking for a few days somewhere?

Bumblebee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm arriving mid-march so there's time to snow (let's hope!). Time-wise I'd prefer a day trio or at most overnight.

I'd be happy to fly a short distance (reno?) If it's not too expensive and I'm staying by LAX which makes that option easy!

mustski

Angel Diva
If you prefer a one night stay, it might be hard to get ski time in Mammoth. Check the flight times to see what works. Sadly, most good skiing is still quite a distance from LA. Good luck. Let us know how it works out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga