• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Dalbello boot model most similar to Krypton Storm?

alr

Certified Ski Diva
I have some old and still serviceable Dalbello Krypton Storm boots, which I will want to replace in the near future. Does anyone know what is the most similar in the current Dalbello line-up? Is it the Chakra?

Thanks! I am getting back on the skis after a 2 year hiatus!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know the answer to this, but I used to have the Storms and now have the Chakra's, with no problem. Does this help?

Reactions: alr

Elangirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am pretty sure the Storm was replaced by the Krypton Krysma. I have Chakra's also, they are a step down in stiffness from the Krysma. Also, the Krypton boots are about a 1/2 inch higher on the calf. That is the main reason I switched to the Chakra's as I am short!! I love these boots since they work well for low volume feet like mine!

Reactions: alr

alr

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for the tip in boot height between the chakras and krysmas! I have pretty short legs so I prefer a shorter boot. But I'll check out both models when I'm in the market to replace my storms.

mustski

Angel Diva
I have skied both the Chakras and the Kryzmas - side to side throughout a season. Although I am short, I preferred the Kryzmas in the end. Mainly, I liked the stiffer boot and preferred the higher end intuition liner of the Kryzma. Both the Chakras and the Kryzma have an adjustable flex. I found the softest flex on the Kryzma was about the same as the stiffest flex on the Chakra. Also, I think it is less than a 1/2 inch difference. I have never measured it, but it was pretty negligible.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have skied both the Chakras and the Kryzmas - side to side throughout a season. Although I am short, I preferred the Kryzmas in the end. Mainly, I liked the stiffer boot and preferred the higher end intuition liner of the Kryzma. Both the Chakras and the Kryzma have an adjustable flex. I found the softest flex on the Kryzma was about the same as the stiffest flex on the Chakra. Also, I think it is less than a 1/2 inch difference. I have never measured it, but it was pretty negligible.

My Chakras came with the ID liner???

mustski

Angel Diva
I just want to add that the Chakra is an excellent boot. I played with the flex adjustment on both boots quite a bit. The stiffest setting on the Chakra is darn similar to the softest setting on the Kryzma. They fit exactly the same. However, the Kryzma is a superior boot in every way from the shell to the buckles to the liner. I may not exactly be an Amazon. I'm 5'2" and currently 133lbs (yay me) but I have run as high as 145. It is not surprising that you, skidiva, badger, and Christy all had a better experience with the Chakras than I do. You are all VERY petite! My point to the OP was simply this ... if you can flex the Kryzma at the softest setting, choose that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga