• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Colorado snow

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We woke up to a dusting of snow today (maybe an inch or so)! I know that its been snowing around Colorado and its supposed to continue off and on for the next few days so I thought Id start this thread to share some snow photos to get us all excited!!! Here is a shot of Steamboat from this afternoon.

picture.php

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not sure why my photo didnt show up in the last post...I was attempting to do it from my Droid (fancy cell phone) so that may have something to do with it. But anyways here it is:

picture.php

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And, I quote:

"A POTENT EARLY SEASON WINTER STORM WILL MOVE ACROSS EASTERN UTAH AND WESTERN COLORADO SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY. MOIST SOUTHWEST FLOW OUT AHEAD OF THE APPROACHING STORM WILL BRING WIDESPREAD RAIN AND HIGH MOUNTAIN SNOW BY EARLY SUNDAY EVENING. AFTER MIDNIGHT...A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL SWEEP THROUGH...BRINGING A BURST OF HEAVY SNOWFALL AS TEMPERATURES PLUMMET BELOW FREEZING. THE SNOW WILL THEN CONTINUE THROUGH MONDAY EVENING. IN ADDITION TO THE SNOW AND COLD TEMPERATURES...STRONG WESTERLY WINDS WILL DEVELOP...WITH WIND GUSTS EXCEEDING 50 MPH AT TIMES...ESPECIALLY OVER THE HIGHER MOUNTAINS PASSES."

(Sorry for the all caps...blame NOAA.)

If this is any indication of what's to come, hold onto your helmets...this could be some winter.

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
T-ride Ski Babe... I was excited when I saw that NOAA alert! :smile:

Loveland opened today...any Divas make it there?

Tilly

Diva in Training
hi,

thanks for the tip! it makes me wanna go skiing right away!! by the way, i'm planning on going to Colorado skiing this year, and i'll take my kids skiing for the first time, they are really excited about it, they can't stop speaking about it!! ;) they can't wait to take their first lesson to be able to go down the track!! ;) they are so sweet!
we are coming from England, and i was looking at accommodations on https://hotel.twenga.co.uk/ and https://www.HolidayInn.com but it's not really what i'm looking for! i want something more cosy, more for families to have a real mountain atmosphere! :smile:
so if someone is renting a lodge or a flat, or knows someone who does it, please let me know! :smile: i want that experience unforgettable for my kids :smile:

see you!

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh goodness you guys are getting the goods! :jealous: We've got a trip booked for mid January and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. :D Keep it coming!

dowde

Certified Ski Diva
Epic Season So Far!!

I may be missing the main forum posting concerning all of this delicious snow CO has been getting, but it's completely awesome!! Knee-thigh deep at Vail last week, and knee-deep at Breck even as it was dumping yesterday during the Dew Tour! Needless to say, I'm not getting a lot done as I should be as far as school goes. Oops.

P.S. I just saw that Loveland is reporting an estimated 12-24"for the next few days. Woo Hoo!!:yahoo:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I think that our big western storm is heading to Colorado. I certainly hope so, as this Califonia skier will be following the snow out to CO as soon as driving conditions permit. :drool:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I enjoyed last weekend (Dec 11, 12) sooo much. My thighs were shredded. We missed out on this past weekend's adventures, but I'm looking forward to next weekend. I've heard some crazy predictions for snow this week.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The last few days have been pretty great, and my poor legs are paying the price. We're not very good at stopping to take photos, and certainly the last few days have been a bit overcast and not making for great pictures, but I have one picture of the peaks and a kind of crappy video we shot yesterday under Chair 6 with a funny ending. Apologies for the shakiness of the camera!

IMG_2442.jpg

Hmmm... can't seem to get the video to be embedded in this thread, so I'll just post a link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9cxhYdY8h9g

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Fun to see you skiing the powder, and to hear the comments.

Chair 6 is great to ski in fresh powder. Thanks for sharing. :clap:

dowde

Certified Ski Diva
Awesome pictures I'm seeing. Praying to Ullr for my birthday, and crossing fingers that we get a refresher of snow for NYE.

callmijane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Could be up to two feet by this weekend! There's already about 5 inches on my deck, and it keeps snowing! I will be skiing in powder tomorrow!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Keystone was fun today. The storm made for uncrowded slopes, but very busy lodges. Snowed all day. Outback got very windy around 1 pm, with zero visibility, though the powder was nice once you got down a bit.

Our one mistake was getting on the gondola at 2:55. By the time we got to the top at 3:30, we had gotten to know our gondola mates very well. Keystone had people downloading on the gondi while we were riding up. Then we noticed that people were downloading on the Summit chair (not fun!) The gondola was closed due to the wind and parents with small children faced a real dilemma - have them download on the Chair or ski down the very cold and windy Schoolmarm. :fear:

We enjoyed a hot chocolate then headed down Wild Irishman. No crowds today and hopefully not tomorrow either! And fresh powder! In fact, we debated trying to stow away in Summit House to be sure to get fresh tracks in the morning, but decided it would be better to sleep early and awake early on New Years Eve. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga