• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Cold toes

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey! I know nothing about neuroma, but I had some foot pain when hiking a couple of years ago and used a metatarsal pad to alleviate. I found a few insoles that had the pad/bump built in to the orthotic itself, which would solve your issue, @merrydog. Of course it would have to be in the right place and the right size and shape, but I'd bet my boots that there's a fitter out there who could MacGyver you something to keep that raised area intact. Good luck!

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Trust me, I know your pain!!!!! I've only discovered two places that could solve my problems: a private individual working out of a bike shop in Whitefish, MT was best ( a ski diva instructor there referred me). He was a racer himself for many years and went on to coach a kids' team. He does all their work.
The 2nd is the The Boot Doctor (himself ONLY) in Telluride, CO. Do not waste time with his underlings! Since it's my favorite ski mountain it was a win-win situation. Once resolution was found, all other boot fitters must copy their work.

Guessing it was Duie Millette in Whitefish.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I think you've got him! Like I others, I was ready to give up on the sport from the unbearable pain, but this guy was a miracle worker! Too bad I live soooooooo very far away.... : ( Two weeks ago I resorted to going to Advanced Prosthetics where the fellow did indeed solve the issue.....

BethL

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Intuition liners = magic warmth! Still working on getting the boot buckles adjusted properly, but my toes were basically fine in zero/subzero temps today at Winter Park, without toe warmers!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Awesome! Too bad it seems too risky for me to try them after a full year to get my boots right (without severe pain). Even a tiny change could foul up everything... : (

Jilly

Staff member
Should have brought this up earlier. But Salomon came out with heated liners this year....

mustski

Angel Diva
I have found that the Intuition Liners in my Dalbello boots do not keep my feet or toes any warmer than previous boots I have owned. The Dalbello Chakra boot came with the wrap Intuitions; I was hoping they would be as warm as advertised, but I've yet to appreciate any significant heat retention with them. As a liner though, I do like them very much.

The intuition liner in the Chakras isn't one of the better ones. It doesn't have to be be heat molded and molds itself as you ski. I have skied both the Chakras and the Kryzmas. The Kryzmas have the true wrap around liner and are much warmer.

I have Intuition liners and am still always fiddling with boot buckles. Tight while skiing and then I loosen on lift up.
Yup. Fiddling is required for me. I have finally come to an agreement with the Kryzmas. After I took everything out that the boot fitter put in, they are much better. I kept my footbeds but ripped out the shims and the heal lift. I went through the same things with the Chakras which were a size smaller. It wasn't any better and there was less room in the toe box so they really aggravated my neuroma.

Bounce has your fitter tried adding a metatarsal pad to your footbed? Each neuroma is different so this may or may not help but for me adding the pad allowed my foot to "spread" out and over the neuroma and it was slightly happier.

Of course the challenge was keeping it in place while getting in and out of a tight boot, over time the adhesive was not able to keep it in place.
The fitter put a "neuroma bump" into my footbed. It can't move around and my foot automatically lands in the right position. It helps somewhat but it doesn't completely solve the problem. I'm in a lot of pain by the end of the day. Skiing is the only time my neuroma bothers me. Murphy's law!

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Chakras came with the Intuition that indeed required heat-molding and does wrap around. (hence the extra stiffness!) Perhaps the earlier versions were made this way? Mine is not new by any means.

mustski

Angel Diva
Are they black or light colored intuitions. Both are wrap around, but the light colored doesn't require heat molding. I had a quick heat device placed inside to speed up the break in, but it's not the full on heat mold required of the stiffer, black wrap around intuitions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga