• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Closing Dates, 2024

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I always hate putting up this thread, even though it contains important information for all of us.

Post closing dates, when you know 'em.

Stowe, VT: Just announced it's extending its season through 4/21, so that's good news.
Bromley, VT: April 7
Okemo: April 14

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
Most of Ontario is already closed.
Tremblant - April 15th
Mont Ste. Anne - April 21st

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Jay Peak will stay open longer as will Killington. Those might not be knowable at this point (May and June?)

marzNC

Angel Diva
Taos is sticking to the pre-announced closing date, which is April 7. Might have a snowstorm on closing weekend.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looks like Crested Butte and Keystone will close after April 7. For Epic resorts, that sort of info is in the same "box" on the website homepage. Content style varies between resorts.

Breck always stays open later. Like other destination resorts in the Rockies that stay open past early April, there will be fewer lifts and trails open by late April.

CB was very much in late season mode last week. Uley's Cabin closed by March 27. The coffee shop at the base wasn't serving lunch the week of March 25. All the lifts were open and the skiing was good, but finding a hot lunch at the mountain wasn't easy.

CB homepage as of March 31, 2024
Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 8.49.07 AM.png

Keystone homepage as of March 31, 2024
Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 8.49.37 AM.png

MotherDuck

Certified Ski Diva
CB was very much in late season mode last week.
So was Keystone. We went Keystone today. Icy everywhere before 11am and when the runs softened around noon, the base of most lifts were slushy. There were also exposed roots, bushes and dirt. It’s always a sad scene toward the end of a season.

We were at Breck yesterday, conditions were much better especially peaks 6, 7 and 10.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Magic April 7th.
Pico April 7tj

There is chatter internally at Bromley about closing during the week and opening up April 13 and 14 weather permitting.

We've snow coming but it melts fast this time of year.

I'd heard April 16 for Stratton but that's mid week so not sure how accurate that is.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
In Maine:
Pleasant Mountain, Apr 08
Saddleback, Apr 15
Sugarloaf, Apr 28
Sunday River, May 01

MissySki

Angel Diva
In Maine:
Pleasant Mountain, Apr 08
Saddleback, Apr 15
Sugarloaf, Apr 28
Sunday River, May 01
Curious where the Sunday River one came from?

On the spring operations plan online it currently lists April 27/28 as the final weekend. It doesn't list anything beyond that. I did hear rumors on a chairlift ride this past weekend of a potential to try for a May day like they have in the past.. but haven't seen that listed somewhere official and it's a Wednesday which seems somewhat odd to me to reopen for. Who knows though.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Curious where the Sunday River one came from?

On the spring operations plan online it currently lists April 27/28 as the final weekend. It doesn't list anything beyond that. I did hear rumors on a chairlift ride this past weekend of a potential to try for a May day like they have in the past.. but haven't seen that listed somewhere official and it's a Wednesday which seems somewhat odd to me to reopen for. Who knows though.

I saw it on Facebook, but you know the internet. Could very well be wrong.

Amie H

Angel Diva
Lutsen (MN) is scheduled to close April 7. If you bring a ski pass for a resort that has already closed, you get 25% off your ticket.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Snowshoe was the last to close in the southeast. They managed to make it until March 31, with a little help from Mother Nature.

In general, the ski season in NC, TN, MD, and VA is over by mid-March. West Virginia resorts are more likely to make it into the second half of March.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga