• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Buying Boots Online

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found it! The one situation in which buying ski boots online is acceptable.

In June, I bought a new, stiffer pair of Salomon X Max boots I had been dreaming about for at least a year. I skied in them in December and the first part of January and couldn’t believe what a difference they made.

On Monday of MLK weekend, on our last run before heading down to the base, I had a freak wipeout that ended with a trip to the ER and a CT scan. All was fine (well, other than a mild concussion), but the whole ordeal took six hours, as these things do, and we had a four hour drive home. A few minutes after we left the hospital parking lot, my husband noticed that the trunk was open. We pulled over and he shut the trunk using the button up front by the steering wheel, quite pleased that after the long day he didn’t need to get out of the car again.

Four ours later we arrived at home and unloaded our car. And ten minutes after unloading he called out, “Where’s your boot bag?” The bootbag holding my new boots, along with my goggles, boot gloves, spare base layers, neck gaiter, toe warmers and hair brush. The answer, of course, was “lying on the road just outside a hospital parking lot 200 miles upstate.”

The upside is that last year’s gear — include my exact boots in my exact size — were available online for about 50% off...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga