• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boots in London, me in Vancouver...

kabutar16

Diva in Training
Hi all! I have a bit of a problem: I left my ski boots + clothes etc. in London (UK) while I went to Canada for a few weeks, but I'm going to be here quite a bit longer than I thought and now ski season will be starting.

I'm wondering if there's a friendly diva coming from London over this way who might be willing to grab my boot bag and bring it along? If this requires checking a bag I'm happy to cover the cost of course and can offer eternal thank yous, coffee on me, etc. Anywhere in Western North America would even work.

I'm hesitant to ship them because I don't want to risk them getting lost and losing 15+ hours of boot work... not to mention all the pain that went into breaking them in lol.

Thank you and hope this is ok!!

mustski

Angel Diva
Welcome and this is totally ok. But, in my opinion, just pay to ship those babies. They'll be fine!

kabutar16

Diva in Training
Thanks! :smile: And yes it may come to that, but I actually just looked it up and it's around $400 CAD... that's more than my ski tickets cost! :eek:

Oh and - anywhere in North America will work, actually! :smile:

mustski

Angel Diva
Thanks! :smile: And yes it may come to that, but I actually just looked it up and it's around $400 CAD... that's more than my ski tickets cost! :eek:

Oh and - anywhere in North America will work, actually! :smile:
WOW! That's freakin' crazy!

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What's the cost to ship to points in the US? I mean, is it the fact that they're leaving GB that's so expensive, or that they're going into Canada?

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know someone who is in London right now, returning to the US at some point soon, but, I have to be honest, everyone has different levels of comfort transporting things internationally for people they barely know on the internet and so I'm a little reluctant right now to swap names. I could let her know about this post though, and let her check in and see if she wants to reach out on her own. Based on two posts, though, you seem totally normal. :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga