• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot Glove

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have had Boot Gloves for years and I use them in addition to Hotronics on really cold days. When mine ripped, I used a neoprene repair kit from NcNett. https://bit.ly/2bgtIAf The repaired areas are actually stronger than the original neoprene.

Brilliant idea for traveling internationally when one can fry their boot heaters if not using conversion properly.

Just FYI, Hotronics are dual voltage and can be used with a plug adapter in Europe. A good rule of thumb is that if it can be plugged into a car lighter, it's 12 volt and will not be affected by 110/220. Check the plug. A really large adapter often indicates a built-in transformer that reduces the voltage to 12.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't mean to derail the topic, but does anyone ever use chemical foot warmers in your boots while skiing?

Now that I have properly-fitting boots, I can't imagine how the warmers would fit in there. Hotronics are out of my reach financially, though. I'm a bit of a Sweaty Betty, and last season I started carrying an extra pair of dry socks in my pocket to switch out mid-day.

I do intend to get Boot Gloves this fall, and I'm hoping that they make a difference on really cold days.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I don't mean to derail the topic, but does anyone ever use chemical foot warmers in your boots while skiing?

Now that I have properly-fitting boots, I can't imagine how the warmers would fit in there. Hotronics are out of my reach financially, though. I'm a bit of a Sweaty Betty, and last season I started carrying an extra pair of dry socks in my pocket to switch out mid-day.

I do intend to get Boot Gloves this fall, and I'm hoping that they make a difference on really cold days.
Tried chemical heaters in my boots. Felt like frozen tea bags. A no go for me.

Jilly

Staff member
The toe warmer will fit on top of your toes. Or and I'm not sure who to credit, put a hand warmer heat pack between the ski boot and the boot glove.

I just find the chemical warmers don't last in boots...not enough air.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

The toe warmer will fit on top of your toes. Or and I'm not sure who to credit, put a hand warmer heat pack between the ski boot and the boot glove.

I've wondered the same thing as SallyCat. Nope, the toe warmer will not fit on top of my toes - nor will it stay put for me to realistically try. I wouldn't enjoy having that thing in my shoes, let alone my ski boots, anyway. I once lost a toenail because of a wrinkle in my ski socks, so maybe I'm the princess and the pea when it comes to ski boot fit.

I've done the chemical warmer in the boot glove thing. I thought it worked a little while, maybe? Couldn't be sure. The warmer was always dead cold when I checked.

For me, the answer seems to be, always and forever, Intuition liners. Next time I will know better, though, and test boot flex with the liner, rather than thinking that the stock liner would be anywhere close to warm enough. I just never realized how much the comfort of my last boots came from that liner.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Chemical warmers in the boots - always here in Michigan, not as necessary when we're out west. I figure my blood flows better out there because I'm working harder. They fit on top of my toes, and I've never had an issue with them getting lumpy. My friend, OTOH, they bunch up like a bag of rocks.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Just FYI, Hotronics are dual voltage and can be used with a plug adapter in Europe

Yeah I think I fried the boot dryers b/c my converter wasn't working right. But my new boot dryers (can't remember the brand now) are dual voltage.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had no idea boot gloves actually did anything, I thought they were a relic from the 80's. Maybe I need to grab a pair next time I see them at a store.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I had no idea boot gloves actually did anything, I thought they were a relic from the 80's. Maybe I need to grab a pair next time I see them at a store.
I never used mine but offered to give them to @surfsnowgirl . I though they were too cumbersome and couldn't deal with it. Think in Tahoe it rarely gets that cold, but I do a lot of out of state/country trips. Love the intuition liners. They are game changers in many ways.

I never used mine but offered to give them to @surfsnowgirl . I though they were too cumbersome and couldn't deal with it. Think in Tahoe it rarely gets that cold, but I do a lot of out of state/country trips. Love the intuition liners. They are game changers in many ways.

We have some mighty cold days here in the northeast so they will get put to good use ;)

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
If I can find them what size shoe do you wear, or are they universal? I wear a 6 1/2 /7..

If I can find them what size shoe do you wear, or are they universal? I wear a 6 1/2 /7..

I dont know if they are universal. Maybe others know? My ski boot size is 23.5, BSL is 275 and i wear a size 8 and 1/2 shoe.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My BSL is 23.5 & I wear a 6.5-7. Sounds likely they'll fit.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Size chart for Boot Gloves. I wear size 7-7.5 shoes, ski boots 23.5, and M fits. A little long at the toes but still works fine. Just have to be careful to lift it up when fitting into the toe binding.

BootGlove-SizeChart.png

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
.....I'm a bit of a Sweaty Betty, and last season I started carrying an extra pair of dry socks in my pocket to switch out mid-day.

It's an old remedy, but you might consider it. Back in the day, we put antiperspirant on our feet to prevent sweaty, cold feet. Moisture conducts cold and all that. Preventing moisture on the skin will keep you warmer. Not just for armpits anymore.

W8N2SKI

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I've never tried it, but a ski buddy last year decided to try them in her pants to keep her cheeks warm on the lift. It turned out to be a very bad idea, but she got in some good lateral stretching trying to get them off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga