• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Blizzard Sheeva 9 is #1 All Mountain

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They were the right skis but a push in length that I wasn't yet certain about. Gah. I'm 5'9" and put on some muscle this summer so I think it will be ok.
Hi There !!
You'll be fine on the 172's I'm 5'5" and a super lightweight and I'm on the 164's. I was a bit nervous at first as my previous ski's were BP's 159 but the Sheevas run short. Take a look at the ski comparing website (I cant remember its name but if you google it it should come up) and compare the Sheevas with the BP's and you see that they run quite a bit shorter due to the tip and tail rocker.
You'll love them, they are such a fun ski and are great in so many conditions :love:

teppaz

Angel Diva
Unlikely. That hasn't happened for a while. Pretty sure that it wasn't a perk in Feb 2019.
I’m pretty sure they had free demos at the 2020 women’s ski week. I was happy with my own skis but I seem to remember people trying to get on some wider models when we got a dump.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yes! I read this just after I made the final decision on the Sheeva 9s in 172; now there's nothing I can do but overthink until there's some snow in NE :smile: I put Look Pivot 12s on them.

They were the right skis but a push in length that I wasn't yet certain about. Gah. I'm 5'9" and put on some muscle this summer so I think it will be ok.

I also kind of wonder if Blizzard believes the BP market is saturated/has less inventory, so they're now pushing the Sheeva.

I still think they were the right decision, though!
@lisamamot is on the 172 as well, and I think about the same height? I definitely don't think you would want to go shorter. I'm 5'4" and on the next size down of 164. :smile:

MissySki

Angel Diva
I din’t think it’s there yet. The Black Pearl much more so over the past few years. I still feel like the Sheeva has been pretty fringe. I see them infrequently enough on other people that I’m excited when I do. But that certainly may change with their being promoted more now. I had the Auras way back when, and I would see others with them everywhere I went.

Ermit

Certified Ski Diva
Hi There !!
You'll be fine on the 172's I'm 5'5" and a super lightweight and I'm on the 164's. I was a bit nervous at first as my previous ski's were BP's 159 but the Sheevas run short. Take a look at the ski comparing website (I cant remember its name but if you google it it should come up) and compare the Sheevas with the BP's and you see that they run quite a bit shorter due to the tip and tail rocker.
You'll love them, they are such a fun ski and are great in so many conditions :love:
Thank you! I feel reassured :smile:

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I’m pretty sure they had free demos at the 2020 women’s ski week. I was happy with my own skis but I seem to remember people trying to get on some wider models when we got a dump.
Agreed - that was one of the perks, from Le Ski Mastery, as well as a free alignment eval from The Boot Doctors.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga