• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Black pearls with 2013-2014 graphics now at California Ski Company

valli

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I recently demoed the Black Pearls along with several other skis, and the Black Pearls were the clear winners in terms of performance, if not graphics. Now there are a few pairs out with the cool black/purple/light blue graphics, and they just got one one pair in my size at California Ski Company, along with a few pairs in longer sizes. They are $595, same as last year. It's my birthday Monday, perfect time for the sky fairy to arrive. I thought of waiting until the sales in a month or two, but it would also be really fun to ski on them for the upcoming presidents day weekend, when we'll be up for four days. Yay!

Sarah

Certified Ski Diva
I of course had to look up the graphics as you tempted us without a picture :mad2: :laugh: They are my favourite so far for sure. Now I will be even more tempted to buy them.
blizzard_black_pearl_2013-14%20vert.jpg

valli

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think it's just the topsheet that changed, but I'll double check that before I buy them. I'm putting Kneebindings on them so I have to wait until the tech who does the Kneebindings comes back from the big ski convention this weekend. If I just wanted Markers I could have them tomorrow, but I've been pretty happy with the Kneebindings on my Atomic Centuries.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very pretty, but I also have to say that the bull has really grown on me. Not that I own any, but if I ever get a chance to demo...

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like those better than the 2012-2013 model, but still can't compete with the bull for me. LOVE the purple bulls.

valli

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I called Blizzard and they are the same as last year, just different topsheet. I also conferred with them and they said they would recommend the 159 for me, which is what I demoed. I'm a fairly lightweight 5'2, and they didn't ski as short to me as some more rockered skis like the S7, which I preferred in a longer length. The bull graphics on the first model are very distinctive, but I don't think there is any left in that size. I also like the new graphic and the black and blue even match my Full tilt boots and roxy jacket, not that I try to be all matchy-matchy.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I think it's just the topsheet that changed, but I'll double check that before I buy them. I'm putting Kneebindings on them so I have to wait until the tech who does the Kneebindings comes back from the big ski convention this weekend. If I just wanted Markers I could have them tomorrow, but I've been pretty happy with the Kneebindings on my Atomic Centuries.
How long have you had Kneebindings? I'm thinking they might be a good idea if I ever buy skis flat. Just as an extra safety measure for my ACL-less knee.

valli

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was an early adopter of the Kneebinding in 2008, and I've put the same set of bindings first on my Fischer Maungas and then onto my Atomic Centuries. I like them, and the data they've collected so far looks pretty good. Over 100,000 skier hours on the Kneebindings and no knee injuries among any of the skiers who've been using them. They are also easy to adjust ramp angle on since they have inserts that allow you to raise the front and rear. California ski company has them, but all the REI shops have the jigs for them.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Birthday, great snow this year, new skis you liked demo-ing, yes do it!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I was an early adopter of the Kneebinding in 2008, and I've put the same set of bindings first on my Fischer Maungas and then onto my Atomic Centuries. I like them, and the data they've collected so far looks pretty good. Over 100,000 skier hours on the Kneebindings and no knee injuries among any of the skiers who've been using them. They are also easy to adjust ramp angle on since they have inserts that allow you to raise the front and rear. California ski company has them, but all the REI shops have the jigs for them.
Thanks for the info. Not sure REI shops in Raleigh even know how to mount bindings ;-)

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love the new graphics! I've become very fond of the bull, though I have to admit I was put off by this look at first. But a couple hours of demoing on them changed that opinion. Beauty, after all, is in the eye of the beholder. But I really, really disliked this years graphics the most. Very nondescript, imo. Next years - beautiful!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga