• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bike Insurance?

beckylh84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone insure their bikes? If so, have any rec's on insurance? My quiver of bikes, just like skis, is growing and I'm thinking I should consider insurance.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I have mine on my homeowners insurance. Initially my insurance guy told me that he had to make a schedule for it (put it on a list of assets), and it was an additional cost each year (approx. $45). But after a year, he found out it would just be covered under my insurance, so he refunded me the amount from the previous year. I would talk to you homeowners insurance company (or renter's insurance if you rent), and see if it's already covered.

Jilly

Staff member
My skis are covered like elemmac states. It's a separate rider on my home owner policy. I'm sure they would do bikes the same way. Talk to your broker.

altagirl

Staff member
Homeowners insurance here too. My husband had one stolen out of the truck a few years back (the disassembled the rack and took the whole thing). Homeowners policy covered it. No special rider. I'm not sure why... I have a special rider for a few other things, but not for bikes.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Our bikes are covered under our homeowners with no additional rider. I do keep a good inventory of everything. Digital photos FTW, but paper to back up is a good plan. Each new addition to the stable gets a full spec printout labeled with the serial number that goes into the paper file.

You do want to talk to YOUR insurance agent to see what they have. We made it very clear to our that these are not wal-mart bikes but high value items.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And if you don't own a home, renter's insurance. It's pretty affordable. Start by exploring whether your car insurer gives discounts for multiple lines of insurance, and if so inclined, you can shop around. But, again, renter's insurance is usually very affordable if you don't already have it because for the most part all you are insuring is your stuff and not the structure you live in or liability.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You know, we just bought new bikes and this wasn't something I had even considered, although we did get relatively inexpensive hybrid bikes. Food for thought.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna