• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Big Changes at TheSkiDiva!

Matro

Angel Diva
When I started TheSkiDiva way back in 2006, I had two things in mind: To connect with other women who felt as passionately about skiing as I did, and to create an environment in which women were treated respectfully; where we weren’t sexualized or marginalized or looked down on as skiers; where we could talk about all things skiing — and some things not — in a way that made us feel comfortable.

Looking back, I think I’ve succeeded. As of this morning, we have nearly 8,000 registered members, and we get thousands of visitors each month. And while yes, we’ve had a few dust ups, it’s always been a vibrant, supportive, informative corner of the web. Which is actually pretty amazing — I don’t have to tell you what a hell hole the internet can be. We’ve become a community offline, too. I hear stories all the time of Divas helping each other out or meeting in real life. And that makes me very happy.

Still, I’ve always wanted to do more with the site. Expand our community. Draw more visitors and readers. Make our world bigger. Share our accumulated knowledge and passion with more and more women around the globe.

And this is where the big news comes in: Starting today, I’m turning TheSkiDiva over to someone with the vision, ability, talent, and motivation to take it to the next level. In effect, I’m retiring. Taking my place is a Diva that many of you already know: our own RachelV. Rachel is perfect for this. She’s been an active member of the site since the beginning and has a long history of working in both the tech and outdoor industries. She has the passion, ability, knowledge, and yes, even the temperament to take the site forward.

So I hope you’ll join me in congratulating Rachel and wishing her all the best. Sure, I’ll still be around (I’ll be a moderator), but as far as making final decisions and running things, from now on, that’s in RachelV’s capable hands.

I'm excited about this, and hope you are, too.

Thanks for sticking with me for 17 years.

I love you all,

Ski Diva/Wendy

View attachment 21374
Ski Diva and RachelV
Wow Wendy, congrats and thank you so much for all that you have done in creating this amazing group. I am so glad to have met you and skied with you this past winter. I am looking forward to lots more fun on the slopes!!

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m late to the party but wow, what big news! I agree, @RachelV is the perfect person for this. I couldn’t be happier. Thank you @ski diva for what you created and for ensuring things go smoothly into the future.
I joined this forum looking for ski friends and that’s exactly what I got. I’ve had so many great trips and made amazing memories with so many of you. Looking forward to the future!

Late to the party but congrats to both of you @skidiva and @RachelIV! I joined the forum in early 1987 and I can't thank Wendy enough and Rachel for taking over. I'm planning to come to Jay (missed the pass, wait list only now oh well $$$) and hope you will reconsider and join us @RachelIV!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Late to the party but congrats to both of you @skidiva and @RachelIV! I joined the forum in early 1987 and I can't thank Wendy enough and Rachel for taking over. I'm planning to come to Jay (missed the pass, wait list only now oh well $$$) and hope you will reconsider and join us @RachelIV!

I think you meant you joined in 2007, but yes, a long time ago.

Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone!

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
Wow! CONGRATULATIONS to both of you! I've learned so much on here from the amazing women here and so many I do have great respect and admiration for. Thank you @ski diva, without you I'd never have learned to fit my own skis and not listen to the "boys" tell me what I needed, try new things, learned to ski moguls, and travel the country to meet strangers I met on the internet! (lol, something I told my kids to never do! HAHAHA) And most importantly, watched several wonderful women ski circles around me despite their age which made me realize I could ski until I was 80!!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Whoa -- very, very late to the party! That's what I get for not checking in more often outside of ski season! Congrats to you both -- I echo what many others have already said about finding a wonderful community of women to ski with, learn from, and support one another, which has certainly changed my life for the better, and am thrilled that one of our own Divas is taking over the helm!

Here's to continuing this wild ride way into the future!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, nice to hear you both liked it. :smile: I'm thinking a monthly-ish cadence during the northern hemisphere ski season might be good, then maybe one over the summer. Trying to find the right balance between useful and too much, but it does seem to be a nice way to engage people who are only occasionally around.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna