• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Big Changes at TheSkiDiva!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow big news indeed !!
Even though I've only been here for a couple of years I have learnt so much and had such fantastic support from all the Divas so thankyou so much Wendy for starting this wonderful forum and all the best Rachel for the future xx

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you for all the years of hard work, and looking forward to enjoying the next chapter with new leadership at the helm. This is indeed a safe space you have created, where most disagreements are handled with respect and kindness, but mostly we support one another and further the passion for the sport and our love of mountains and cold, fun, snow. I remain open to the inevitability of change!

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wendy, thank you so very much for all your hard work over the years. You've truly made our lives fuller, richer, and a lot more fun with the adventures and friendships you gave us. And Rachel, too, is one of those friends we wouldn't otherwise have. She's the perfect Diva to take over from here, and she has all our support. Love you both! ❤️

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I joined The Ski Diva in 2006 I was a 20-something living in NYC and was really just hoping to find other women who loved skiing as much as I did. If you told me that 17 years later I’d still be part of this community, would count many members as “real life” friends, and that the connections I’d made here would have helped me build the confidence I needed to move to Colorado, I’m not sure I would have believed you. But here we are, and this site and the friendships I’ve made here continue to be a meaningful part of my life.

That’s really just a way of saying that I’m incredibly grateful to Wendy for what she’s built here. Without her vision and tireless work over the past two decades, we wouldn’t have the supportive, respectful, amazing community of women skiers we have today, and many of our lives would be poorer for it.

I’d like to reiterate that Wendy isn’t going anywhere; she’ll continue to be a big part of the site in almost all the ways she always has been. I’d also like to say that I’m not looking to be the next Ski Diva; that title will always belong to Wendy.

For the most part, The Ski Diva will continue on much as it always has. I don’t have any grand plans to re-imagine the site or fundamentally change the way anything works. I do have some not-so-grand plans to keep things running as smoothly as possible, increase site traffic, attract and engage more new members, and hopefully just keep the site feeling current and relevant.

I’m genuinely honored that Wendy trusts me to take over this community that she created, has spent so much time and energy on, and has built into something really wonderful. I’m looking forward to keeping it going for a long time to come.

Here’s to another 17+ years,
Rachel
Congratulations, Rachel!
We've been friends for a very long time and I'm excited to see your passion continue through this site.
Phil and I wish you many happy turns, and look forward to having some celebratory drinks the next time we're in Colorado, or heck, even when you come to Tahoe again!

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, big news! Thanks to Wendy for creating this site and for all the hard work that went into it along the way. This is my favorite internet site/forum/community!
And congrats and thanks to Rachel for taking it on into the next phase!
We're lucky another Diva is going to head it up.
:clap:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Late to the party (again! d'oh! :doh:) in reading this most important news. A huge thanks to both Wendy and Rachel for all that you've both done over the years - and I know it has been very considerable - and to Rachel for taking up the reins.

I've had the pleasure of knowing you both for many years. Onward!

Marigee

Angel Diva
Thank you Wendy for starting this forum and creating a friendly atmosphere for women of all abilities to feel comfortable discussing their passion for all things skiing related. I consider myself fortunate to have known both you and Rachel since the very early days of TheSkiDiva.

i know you will be a great steward of this forum, Rachel - looking forward to seeing what the future brings!

3 cheers to both of you!

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congratulations to you both, and also thank you for starting this forum, wendy. It encouraged me to travel solo, to find fellow women skiers( I was terrified), and to improve my skill set. And rachel, for continuing on for the future women who are just like me, limited due to geographical location, but wanting to try something new. I recall a question from rachel years ago. Why are you here?(I believe big sky 2010) And my response was, “I love to ski, but don’t have the opportunity enough, and was afraid to travel/ski alone, now I don’t have to”. I’ve come a long way since those days, and the credit goes to “the ski diva”. Here’s to another successful 17 years + !!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna