• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Between - new Shades of Winter movie

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just watched it on redbull.tv!!

I love how they really showed off their athleticism, particularly in the surfing segments. They could easily have had "bikini babes," but instead they had hardcore athletes who ROCKED!

Oh, and the skiing was fantastic too, of course!

Did anyone else notice how they treated accidents? I appreciated how they were taken seriously but also as part of the sport. None of those "wow what an idiot" blooper-type segments.

My husband also commented that the segment on being unable to complete a mission was the best treatment he'd seen of the subject. So many movies have a "well, we had to wait three days, and that was frustrating, but finally we made it!" segment. This was a reminder that sometimes the reward is just to still be alive, and you have to suck it up. And it hurts.

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was so good to see such talented and inspiring women but it also made me feel so very sad watching Matilda Rapaport and knowing that she is no longer with us. Injuries and being unable to complete a mission were really portrayed sensitively too.For the women at the top of our sport the risks and pressures they endure to do what they do and the penalties for it going wrong are just so outside of many of our daily experience.Lots of us probably do put ourselves in situations where we might feel things could get very bad very quickly but we probably only do this very rarely.It just really saddens me every time someone is lost.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga