• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best on hill meal

alicie

Angel Diva
Oh! Cool

Whereabouts? I have a friend snowboarding in Finland for her honeymoon!

Ruka, but it was like 10 years ago. I only remember because I put sugar on the chips first and had to go buy more. They also had backet potatoes (I think that was a slight translation error).

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, Whitewater is amazing. The Wildhorse Curry Bowl is yummy, as well as all the other items on the menu. The food is so good, they've publised 4 cookbooks (although most of that food is not on the menu. The bar is a great place to get a local beer, chat with some locals (Canadians really are wicked friendly), and eat a hearty, healthy lunch.

Nelson, BC and Whitewater have become my new happy places.

images

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Schnitzel mit spaetzle und sauerkraut at Needles Lodge at Snowbasin. Get someone to share it with because it's a HUGE serving. Includes steamed veggies. View is pretty awesome, supposedly you can see 3 states.

SheSki

Certified Ski Diva
The biscuits and gravy at Mammoth's Main lodge are the best in the world- a work of art. (Don't make the mistake of thinking they're the same @ the mill @ mammoth- Those B-n-G suck)
-biscuit and gravy connoisseur

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The food on the Spruce Peak side of Stowe in the base lodge was quite good. A beer cheese soup and the chili were both delicious.
The grilled brie cheese, bacon and truffle oil at Hazie's in Steamboat was another favorite.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Schnitzel mit spaetzle und sauerkraut at Needles Lodge at Snowbasin. Get someone to share it with because it's a HUGE serving. Includes steamed veggies. View is pretty awesome, supposedly you can see 3 states.
I'm in for sharing.. sounds yummy.. everything at snowbasin was yummy.. can't wait to be back!!

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm in for sharing.. sounds yummy.. everything at snowbasin was yummy.. can't wait to be back!!
I'm assuming it will still be on the menu. They used to make a wild mushroom strudel that was UNREAL but apparently I was the only one who ever ordered it, it wasn't on the menu last season. (Which of course means I just have to figure out how to make it.....shouldn't be too hard.)

I never liked sauerkraut growing up - probably because it was always out of a jar and therefore soggy. At Snowbasin I think they do a slight soak in the vinegar mixture and then saute the cabbage - whatever they do, it was AWESOME. Reminded me of a shredded cabbage thing Trader Joe's demoed - they sauteed pancetta and diced onions in an electric skillet, then added the cabbage but just for a few minutes. Then they splashed it with balsamic vinegar. SO GOOD.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I never liked sauerkraut growing up - probably because it was always out of a jar and therefore soggy.

Hey! That stuff's great! My mom would put it in a pressure cooker with pork and then serve it over mashed potatoes. Still one of my favorite foods.

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't remember the name of the place, but at Whistler (Backcomb base I think) there was a coffee place that made the best lattes I have had on any mountain. They even did "foam art", LOL.

My kids are dying to go back to Tremblant just for the food. They liked the poutine and the bear claws. And the raclette restaurant was fun, too. Maybe not the best raclette of all time, but it's always fun trying something different.

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bear claws, beaver tails... whatever. Lots of maple sugar and/or syrup, gooey, warm, melty and a g** awful mess to clean up! :wink: But the kids loved them. Every year The Tribe asks to go back to Tremblant just for the culinary delights.

:rotf:

Zard

Certified Ski Diva
Humble food I sometimes find is the best food when skiing. There is a small hut on one of the bottom slopes at Killington, where you can get great empanadas. We usually fill a backpack with them to bring down to the non- skiers in our family.
Also, the pho soup for lunch at mount wachusett is a warm filling bowl of comfort.

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bullock Lodge Cider House at Wachusetts has amazing cider donuts and hot cider, and the ambience can't be beat.

I had a terrific lunch at Epic at Solitude, at Okemo. Best meal I've ever eaten while wearing ski boots.

And the Waffle Cabin at the base of Mount Snow...you can follow your nose right up to heaven.

grlacey

Certified Ski Diva
The Foundry at Jay Peak. Great salads, great sandwiches and the best carrot ginger soup I have ever had.

I also had a great lunch at Hellroaring Saloon at Big Mountain.

Last edited:

vickiski

Certified Ski Diva
Hospiz Alms in St Cristoph (St Anton). Ski over there and ski back. Everything is good, finished with Kaiserschmarm.
If you are actually an "Aus(tralia)" girl then Kapitans at Grimus (Buller) for the goulash with spaetzle. Sometimes the Kaiserschmarm (scrambled pancakes) will be on the menu there, and once I begged and they made it.
Who can tell me about the food in Deer Valley?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga