• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best '15/'16 ski moments

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't been out kayaking yet. If it works, I'm good.

Did your DH have any more problems?

alison wong

Angel Diva
The best moment:
--> Skied down an icy steep blue trail (forgot the name but it was from the top front side) in Lake Louise. My legs felt "jello" when I saw how steep it was.... But then I managed it with a flying color and it was a very gratifying to know that I can actually do this...

Pass some milestone?
--> conquered my first ever black diamond and I did it in Whistler without even knowing. I was in a group lesson. The instructor told us after we skied down the Ravens trail.

Cross something or someplace off your bucket list?
--> Skied in Alta: center of the ski universe.
--> Survived Snowbird....

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Biggest milestone for me was skiing Lake Louise's backside, all over Paradise and Boomerang Bowls. It was terrifying at first...and then we did it over and over and over and over and over and over again...Most of the runs are blacks, but some double blacks too.
Next season: double black terrain, you will be mine!

Shot to paradise bowl:

Lake_Louise_Back_Paradise_Bowl.jpg

Best day: pow day at Sunshine Village in early March. It was also a really big accomplishment because I skied from 9 to 4 pm, with only a 20 minute break for lunch. I consider this a great endurance success!

Pow day views are the best - they mean freshies and freshies and more freshies!

The continental divide on a pow day at Sunshine:

IMG_1744.JPG

Last edited:

SkiBam

Angel Diva
During the Ontario school break in March, my two daughters and families visited me for a week. One day my two daughters and I abandoned hubbies and kids (who we knew wouldn't be able to keep up with us) and went to Tremblant. Absolutely a fabulous day, with gorgeous sunshine, total coverage, lovely big soft bumps, etc. Neither daughter had downhilled much recently but they're both excellent skiers and as Tina said after the first few turns: "Just like riding a bicycle!" Definitely a highlight of the season.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
1) Meeting and skiing with @Olesya Chornoguz and @BrookeK ! Great fun! So glad these Divas are in my area!

2) Finally getting to a Diva event at Jay Peak after several years' absence and skiing with all the wonderful women there :-)

3) Going to Stowe with @Olesya Chornoguz and @tinymoose . This is a milestone because it's been several years since I've skied outside of PA!!!

3) Having a shot of Fireball through an ice luge at Montage's ice bar :-)

ice_luge.jpg

beckylh84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All of my 4am wake up calls and starting the day smelling the burn of a lit bomb and not having to worry about getting fresh tracks.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Definitely had a few new adventures in 2015-16. Managed to get a few memorable powder days out west.

My Diva friends (@Olesya Chornoguz , @nopoleskier , @snow cat ) and ski buddies (Bill, JC) and I were lucky to catch a powder storm in late Jan when we stayed at Alta Lodge for a few days. Usually I rent fat skis for powder days. Alta Ski Shop where I normally rent didn’t open on time because the canyon road was closed for a few hours the morning of Jan. 30. I ended up skiing the fresh 14 inches of fluffy powder using my all-mountain Black Pearls (88 underfoot). First time skiing that much powder with relatively narrow skis. Since that day worked out well, I didn’t bother to rent skis at Aspen a few days later. Skiing the Hanging Valley Glades at Snowmass for the first time was a challenge. There was knee deep powder in the steep trees, I lost it a couple times, but overall it was fun.

Now that I ski at Alta fairly regularly, it’s easier to tell when I’m making progress in terms of where I have fun off-piste. This season, I did the sidestep to High Notch to ski on the Backside as the finish to a lesson in late Jan. In April, I felt confident enough to ski solo on Sunspot from the High T, as well as multiple times on lower Lone Pine or Stone Crusher from the Saddle Traverse. A first time run that was great fun was following Mr. and Mrs. @dloveski off Wildcat and ending up above the Peruvian Lodge.

Near top of Sunspot April 9
Alta Sunspot 09Apr2016 - 1.jpg

Above Peruvian Lodge (far left), after going through Wildcat trees, Mr. dloveski in red
Alta above Peruvian 2015 - 1.jpg

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My season highlight might be skiing Telluride. It's amazing and I can't wait to go back. But - the snow wasn't great when we were there and we had some AMAZING conditions at home this year, so that was great too.

Also, since I didn't get my BPs until March last year, and didn't get many days on them, it was great to spend a full season on them and confirm that yes, I made the right decision. I wasn't feeling super-comfortable on them at the end of the season last year, and was doubting my choice, but that went straight out the window after my first couple of times out this season. They are definitely the right ski for me right now. I'm so happy with them.

Skisailor

Angel Diva
This was such an amazing season for me - so full of wonderful moments during my most ever 121 days on snow - that it's hard to narrow it down to the best ones! Highlights?

Day one - Thanksgiving Day - when I took that first run and realized that the broken bones and torn ligaments in my right ankle were indeed healed enough that I was going to be able to ski!!!
Sharing so many "aha" moments from my students during the season.
Diva West at Big Sky! Getting to ski with all of my wonderful Diva friends on my home mountain.
The amazing day during Diva West when I was the only one to witness both @Ursula and @KatyPerrey fall on separate runs during the day! Say what???!!!! I'd never seen either one of them fall - ever!! Then they both decide to take a fall on the same day??!! Tee hee hee!!!
THE BIG COULOIR!!!! Still can't believe I finally skied it, that it was really fun, and that I want to ski it again!
But I guess the best moment of all was passing my Level 2 certification exam. Not just passing it - but a particular moment. Ursula had surprised me by driving up to the mountain on her day off to give me moral support during the seemingly endless 2 hour wait for results. Let's just say that there were some in our ski school who doubted that I could pass, and they had caused me to doubt myself.

Anyway, Ursula was hanging out in a corner way across the room. When they announced my name, after the shock and the first couple of hugs from colleagues, I looked over to find her and our eyes met, and the look on her face was one great big "I told ya so you moron!!!!" combined with an "I'm so proud of you." twinkle in her eye. And it was a hilarious facial expression that made me laugh out loud. I truly did not think I had passed, but apparently, based on her many years as an examiner, she knew I would.

Yup. No doubt about it. That was the best singular moment of what was an amazing season for me. :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna