• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Atomic Heaven's Gate

Elangirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought these skis used--they are 2009. I had to review them though because they are so much fun!! I used them on a hard snow day yesterday and i have not had so much fun in a long while.

The skis are awesome--I am using them short--I am 5'3" have a 150 but they are a carving dream. I was on my edges the entire time, so I was flying most of the day. I did wonderful little turns, long turns--I was a turning machine.

Seriously though, the ski is marked for expert women--and it does have a stiff tail. But, that makes it hold even more. It is 125/74/106 it reminds me of the Speed Magic that I had and have always regretted selling. If you love to carve, this is the ski for you.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Totally agree. :smile: Demo'd same 09 2 years ago, didn't know the model thus no expectations at all, was the last of 5 for me that day. Rep said just take these, you will enjoy. Wow. It was a dance, I loved them, did +- 2000 vertical non-stop, did not want to stop. Just was way sorry to see the model discontinued!! Atomic subsequently put more into the Cloud and 7th Heaven series (and I hope to get on one of those this coming weekend). Absolutely my pick of that demo day. Enjoy!

Jilly

Staff member
Love that ski too. It's actually a Metron, with a women's graphic. Both skis discontinued.

Held the ice/hardpack like a dream.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Aha. Don't recall the HG being quite as heavy as the Metron, but...it has been a couple of years. So what do you recommend for demo in the Atomic line for me, Jilly? Cloud 9? 7th Heaven 79? They will be represented this coming weekend, always are.

Rossi? Thoughts/ideas/input? All-mountain "powder-light"
Atomic Century??

Jilly

Staff member
Geez, MSL, there's are really nice Dynastar.......:fear:

Take a look back at my demo reviews for 2011. I'll be trying some of them again next weekend.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Geez, MSL, there's are really nice Dynastar.......:fear:

Take a look back at my demo reviews for 2011. I'll be trying some of them again next weekend.
:laugh: Ha, no worries - my brand loyalty has its basis in economics as much as anything (as in, good sale prices)...DO like and mega-enjoy others! Will check, thanks - forgot about your demo review. :doh:

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
MSL -- I'd like to read about a ski-off between Dynastar Idyll and Rossi s80w. I've heard they're both awesome and would love to demo them back-to-back. And if you want to throw in a Fischer KOA 78 or 84, or both.

Jilly

Staff member
I loved the Idyll. If I didn't already own the Conquer, it would be in the Quiver!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
MSL -- I'd like to read about a ski-off between Dynastar Idyll and Rossi s80w. I've heard they're both awesome and would love to demo them back-to-back. And if you want to throw in a Fischer KOA 78 or 84, or both.
I don't think Dynastar or Fischer will be represented at this particular demo (sadly). My ski shop of choice used to run a traveling demo, which was superb, but not in the last couple of years, and these were represented (and thus my current ski choice). I definitely will get on Rossi and Atomic, however. Will report back.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I loved the Idyll. If I didn't already own the Conquer, it would be in the Quiver!
It apparently is a redesign, with "beef," especially in the shovel, of the Exclusive Legend? Jilly, have you gotten wind of any marketing/sales issues with Dynastar? Shop owner here said there are problems.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just saw this thread I LOVE MY Heaven's Gate's 157's. Yes They rip.. I make a bazzillion turns.. Yesterday I demo'd a bunch of skis and the last I tried were the Atomic White Cloud Double decker in a OMG 148.. They ROCKED..
MSL... Was exactly the Same Ride as my HG's but even more solid.. (the longer ski 150something needed more attention), 148s were pocket rockets turn turn turn amazing carvers, even easier than my HG's!! Amazing Power for me were like my hg's but even more effort less..I was wowed..

I also tried the 'black' w/purple stripes cloud it was a 'dream' ski really really easy to ski but I like to push my skis and am too agressive for them they had a speed threshhold (my HG's and the white clouds have more 'zip' that I like) but speed thresh-hold isn't a bad thing. I'll be looking for these when I finally 'slow' down.. lol... Atomic was the best I tried.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Will definitely put this on my list to try at next December demos. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga