• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Apex Boots for narrow feet?

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
this is a similar problem that I have. My bootfitter increased my last to 102 to increase the height because unfortunately those two things correlate. there is not a way to increase that on its own (at least according to this guy). he will add padding side to side before they heat mold them to keep the toe locked in to help control skiing. But honestly, the 102 last felt glorious. my toes weren't numb after twenty for the first time ever because there was the room top to bottom.
Problem can be that padding doesn't control slosh while skiing, so while the boots feel good on, the feel of skiing with them can be awful.

I definitely got vertical toe height in my very narrow lasted boots, so while the two are correlated It's been my experience the verticle toe space can be increased through stretching the shell.

Elangirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Elangirl, as far as I know, Apex has only one female-specific model.

I have the Apex ML3 boots. I bought them last year because an ankle/foot injury prevents me from being able to get my foot into a regular ski boot without great pain and possible re-injury.

I was skiing in the Salomon CS Instinct 90 prior to this. Those really clamped down on my thin, slightly narrow foot.

If you have scrawny feet, ankles, and heels like I do, you may run into issues with the Apex. I can't tighten the boot enough to get a really good clamped-down feeling in my ankle/heel/crook-of-foot area. Basically, I get some heel lift and ankle movement if I really crank on my skis. The rest of my foot is ultra-comfortable and toasty warm, but the slight looseness in the heel and ankle area doesn't thrill me.

I contacted Apex asking for help and they weren't able to do much except recommend a thicker sock. This was particularly disappointing given their "no return" policy. I was hoping they could offer some sort of fix with the liner boot.

I'm going to wear some cut-off socks over my regulars ones to try to add bulk to my lower calf and ankle. I don't know if that will help, though.

If you have thin, low-volume, or narrow feet, I can't recommend the Apex to you unless you absolutely cannot ski in a regular boot. They are super comfortable at the sacrifice of performance. I believe women with normal-width/volume feet would fare better in these.

Thank you so much, that is what I was afraid of when I looked at them. I have low volume feet and skinny ankles and calves. There is a boot "tongue" that you can buy at ski shops. It will give you more volume int he front of the boot.

Elangirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was also going to buy the all mountain Apex boot as the women's model seemed very soft to me.

I have a problem with boots. I need a three buckle boot because when I wear a four buckle boot, buckles two and three collide when I flex. I love the Dalbello, but I swim in the 25 and the 24.5 is really tight. I tried on some Full Tilt Soul Sisters and they did have a little more room in the toe length, but they were so soft, I was not sure I could ski them. Has anyone else felt they were too soft?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was also going to buy the all mountain Apex boot as the women's model seemed very soft to me.

I have a problem with boots. I need a three buckle boot because when I wear a four buckle boot, buckles two and three collide when I flex.
That sounds not like a problem with 4 buckle boots, per se, but rather a problem with too soft boots.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I have a problem with boots. I need a three buckle boot because when I wear a four buckle boot, buckles two and three collide when I flex. I love the Dalbello, but I swim in the 25 and the 24.5 is really tight. I tried on some Full Tilt Soul Sisters and they did have a little more room in the toe length, but they were so soft, I was not sure I could ski them. Has anyone else felt they were too soft?
I also clash the buckles with 4. I did buy the soul sisters because of the extra toe room. They are definately too soft with the stock tongues so I ordered the next tongue up and have not used it yet but probably will get it tomorrow and be able to report. My last 4 buckle boot was a 110 so if that gives you any reference. A couple things ,about the SS. Even though they are wider and felt good in the store, they do feel tight and my feet get crampy near that first buckle. It's in a weird spot and is oddly shaped. I can adjust it to a degree but it does like to pop up. Which hasn't been a huge issue in alot of boots but,I have heard of a few people actually breaking that buckle off on groomers if not buckled. So I'm on the fence, comfort and performance wise I liked the old boots better with the exception of the clashing buckles. I still need to probably have the toe blown out and will see how that goes with the new tongues.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also clash the buckles with 4. My last 4 buckle boot was a 110 so if that gives you any reference.
Which boot??

I'm a heavyweight racer, and ski hard and fast in a Lange 100, and I've never deformed my boots enough to bash buckles.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Which boot??

I'm a heavyweight racer, and ski hard and fast in a Lange 100, and I've never deformed my boots enough to bash buckles.
Older boots, Salomon, technica can't remember the model atomic hawk and tracker.

Confused boarder

Diva in Training
I know this is an old thread but in case others come searching like I did.... haven’t tried Apex boots yet but on contacting them they claimed they’d be able to customise to accomodate my super low volume/skinny feet. Keen to try them in Colorado in a few weeks time. I’ll reserve judgement when I try them. I love the concept, partic as a snowboarder and skier it’d be fab to cart just one pair of boots around the world.

On other boot options- I wouldn’t be afraid of trying race boots if you have the super skinny foot problem. I had a minor freak out when I googled the boots a bootfitter was planning on kitting me out in and found out they were race boots. But realistically even the dedicated low volume boots from Lange I had had mountains of room over the top of my ankle and foot which made trying to flex my ankles a waste of time and even with foam injected liners and several lots of plastic under my liners to take up space I had ridiculous amounts of room even with buckling on the tightest settings. Had to downsize below my mondo size plus blow out the big toe length slightly and have slightly thicker than normal footbeds but I now have a ski boot that fits me well. Highly recommend a raceboot if you have hard to fit skinny feet. I’m in Lange RS 120 SC’s. Had to drop a bolt in -20 C as they ended up a bit hard to flex but will stick it back in once I’m in warmer weather. BTW I jumped from an 80 flex boot I was overflexing all the time to the 120.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga