• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

anyone thinking of getting Lynsey Dyer's ski?

Jilly

Staff member
It's got unicorns?? Well I don't have much use for 110mm ski, but the price is in there with the rest.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's got unicorns?? Well I don't have much use for 110mm ski, but the price is in there with the rest.

110 is definitely in my range, but I have plenty of skis (what??) right now, and I *just* pledged that I wouldn't buy new/MSRP skis anymore. For a while. Unless I really really want the ski.

It's apparently gotten some awards.

24vpnb7_large.png

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
The unicorns refer to SheJumps.com, @Jilly, which she co-founded.

I'd love to give it a try, though a 110 waist is pretty wide for most of the skiing I do.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As I was reading the ski reviews earlier this year, especially on Powder magazine, I kept seeing things saying the perfect ski is in the 108 underfoot range. I was like, "Who are these people and where are they skiing???" Although, maybe after I get my 108 Dakotas mounted I will feel differently. That just seems like....a lot of ski for a daily driver.

Have always wanted to fill in my quiver with a 98-100 mm like a Samba. Will add the Gnarwhals to the list.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As I was reading the ski reviews earlier this year, especially on Powder magazine, I kept seeing things saying the perfect ski is in the 108 underfoot range. I was like, "Who are these people and where are they skiing???" Although, maybe after I get my 108 Dakotas mounted I will feel differently. That just seems like....a lot of ski for a daily driver.

Have always wanted to fill in my quiver with a 98-100 mm like a Samba. Will add the Gnarwhals to the list.

Well, you have to keep in mind when they are talking about a perfect ski being 108 - the magazine is, after all, called Powder =)

I skied a season with the Sick Day 110 as my daily driver. It was fine for Colorado, and for the places I tend to ski. My problem was not at all with the width, but rather how playful it is -> not enough backbone for crud.

altagirl

Staff member

Me. My daily driver skis last year were 119 underfoot. The several years before we're 114. I think it's been at least 105 for. .... 10 years now?

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They do look tempting but I think I'll stick with my(now quite old)S7w's for one more Northern hemisphere trip and then the NZ season.Their turniness has me hooked.This year I skied them more than my frontside carvers just because they were more fun and less tiring.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess the more I think about this, the more it doesn't seem so strange to ski a 108 out West everyday. I am entering my 5th season and every year my skis have gotten bigger :smile: If the best predictor of the future is the past, well, I'll be at 108 in no time.

I guess the more I think about this, the more it doesn't seem so strange to ski a 108 out West everyday. I am entering my 5th season and every year my skis have gotten bigger :smile: If the best predictor of the future is the past, well, I'll be at 108 in no time.

It's so true I am going on my 4th season skiing and if you'd told me I'd own a pair of skis that was 95 underfoot I would have said you were crazy. The Elysian is the widest ski I have ever been on and it has been a confidence booster to try even wider skis which I hope to do this coming season. I bet you will take out those 108 underfoot skis and you will have such a blast you'll wonder what took you so long :smile:

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
my total inner me says yes - except my brain which says that I do not need another pair ...

SheSki

Certified Ski Diva
I think you and I got the same deal on the dakota this summer. I took mine out for two of the four days I've skied so far and they shocked me with how good they were on really firm windswept snow and of course they were great in the powder, chop, and crud. They handled everything beautifully. I put my kenjas back on after skiing the Dakotas for two days, they felt so light! Carving is of course easier on the kenjas but I will be using the Dakotas more than just for powder days.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna