• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone remember Tenney?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Goal reached! The challenge to reach 7000 Likes on the Tenney FB Page was issued about a month ago when the count was about 6000. The Tenney Page was only created a few months ago. As of this morning, the count was 6815 when Mike pinned a reminder. By evening, well over 7000. That means there will be a free day at Tenney some time during the season. The date to be determine by a poll vote.

Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 9.01.52 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Snowmaking at Tenney has started! Only on the tubing park so far, but the creative new owners borrowed a few fan guns so that they can also blow on the lower slopes of Eclipse. Can't run the fixed diesel guns on the trails for a while because of official paperwork that isn't complete yet. There are several new videos on Jan. 5 after the holiday break.

Mike was so excited about the snowmaking, his video is 2 min, longer than usual.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Although Tenney wasn't able to open last winter because Mother Nature didn't cooperate at all, work has continued non-stop. Not only on standard construction and renovation tasks, but also on a creative new partnership with Plymouth State University. According to a 6/2/2016 Concord Monitor article, students will be using Tenney in a variety of ways in the future.

"The proposal, spelled out in a memorandum of understanding that is nearing completion, allows the school to use the ski area first for research – PSU’s well-known meteorology program is setting up National Science Foundation-supported experiments on the mountain – and then for hands-on classwork, probably involving business or environmental classes. Most interestingly, in future years the school might base entire classes at Tenney Mountain, or even build facilities at the site."

As Tenney Mountain Ski Area nears rebirth, it is joining with Plymouth State University in interesting ways

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:thumbsup: I could see them organizing extension classes in a mountain setting too, or maybe for retreats.

Tenney isn't far from my BIL and family so hope to get there next season.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Time for a thread bump!
Once again, Tenney has reopened. I had fun there one day when they were open just before the pandemic. They shut down again for a few years, and just reopened on Dec 22. Dan Egan is back as general manager.

I just went to their website for a browse, and found their lesson page interesting. They only offer private lessons for up to 4 people in the group, and only intermediate and up (defined as being able to load the chair independently and also most of their runs are blues). Also, their instructors are listed online, and the prices vary by instructor. The two more "expensive", which I put in quotes because I really don't think $250 for a 2.5 hour lesson for up to 4 people is much at all, are Dan Egan and 2 time olympian Annalisa Drew. The other 4 instructors are $175 for a session.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They seem to be doing great. I skied with the marketing guy when he came to Magic. Took him all over the mountain. They love magics indy feel and wanted to pick our brains a bit. Seems like a fantastic mountain.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm on the No Boundaries email list, and their latest email had a code for Tenney, but you have to act fast. From the email:

Tenney is offering $45 lift tickets for any day the rest of the season, but you must purchase by 2/15 at 9 am. Use code LOVE10E at checkout.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tenney has their prices for next season posted already. Midweek ticket prices are up from $40 to $60. Still a good deal. Their season passes are also a good deal, especially if you buy by April 30. Right now they are $399 for adult, $199 for youth up through 18, senior $299 (65-79). And the early season price includes 6 -free- buddy passes, even with youth passes. Prices will rise gradually peaking after Nov. 1 at $649 adult, $399 youth, $499 senior. They also have veteran and first responder pricing. Nothing on their lesson prices or instructors up yet.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What will prices be for privates next year, and will Dan still be on the instructor roster?

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What will prices be for privates next year, and will Dan still be on the instructor roster?

Private lessons likely to be very similar pricing.

They are in active discussions to have Dan back in an advisory role and Mtn Ambassador. However, GM’ing a comeback mountain takes 100%+ so this will need to be someone else

He did have it structured so you could book a private lesson with him directly, when he was on-mtn. Unlikely that will be the case this coming season.

Matro

Angel Diva
I have a condo at Tenney and skied a bunch this year. The lifts are kinda slow and the trails are beautiful! Nicely cut trails instead of wide open slopes. It’s also great for AT skiing—the right size for uphill travel. I’m always looking for ski buddies!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga